10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Cal

Christ, that's a shame. Seemed fine in training n'all that. [MENTION=15313]hardyboy[/MENTION] did it come on all of a sudden for you too?

EdmondDantes

Jesus! Poor lad, my brother had this when he was very young so I don't remember anything about it as I'm younger than him. Will Messi even be able to board a plane this week?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Too much weird shit happening to us this season. The curse of the CWC badge already in full force.

God Serena

I had stones a couple of years back. Went to bed feeling fine and woke up... not so fine.

This is gonna really suck for Messi.

gasgas

i will learn its management once i have passed internal medicine rotation. but i guess they'd give him diuretics (depending on the size and severity of the calculi), some antibiotics (ceftriaxone/cefotaxime) to combat infections due to urine stasis, some prednisolone to relieve the inflammation and analgesics to relieve the pain depending on the severity of the pain
:cry:
i am a terrible doctor. i would end up killing the best footballer ever :cry:

gasgas

i could sneak in though, after i'm done with my OSCE tomorrow.

how severe is the condition.

the amount of time Messi is out will depend on the severity.
if the stones are small, they can pass out very easily with hydration, and a little medication, some even spontaneously. could take a week or two
bigger stones may require more serious approach, some may even require surgery :tata:, with them being so huge and blocking urine flow.

we also need to know the origin of the nephrolithiasis
is is due to excessive urate, in which case allopurinol could be used to decrease their synthesis, they could be due to hypercalcemia so we'd need to know if he's having a parathyroid overfunction, or any condition that causes bone resorption to be higher then usual, we could use thiazide diuretics (for calcium),
struvite stones are usually due to infections za urinary tract,

now in april i will have more details to give. now i am doing pediatrics and we don't really get a child with kidney stones to learn from :(
but with internal medicine, we get plenty such cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans