10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
i could sneak in though, after i'm done with my OSCE tomorrow.

how severe is the condition.

the amount of time Messi is out will depend on the severity.
if the stones are small, they can pass out very easily with hydration, and a little medication, some even spontaneously. could take a week or two
bigger stones may require more serious approach, some may even require surgery :tata:, with them being so huge and blocking urine flow.

we also need to know the origin of the nephrolithiasis
is is due to excessive urate, in which case allopurinol could be used to decrease their synthesis, they could be due to hypercalcemia so we'd need to know if he's having a parathyroid overfunction, or any condition that causes bone resorption to be higher then usual, we could use thiazide diuretics (for calcium),
struvite stones are usually due to infections za urinary tract,

now in april i will have more details to give. now i am doing pediatrics and we don't really get a child with kidney stones to learn from :(
but with internal medicine, we get plenty such cases
meh you're just trying to use big, confusing words so that you can look smart

bismp

I guess that in the best case scenario he will be back for the first 2016 game.
In the worst case scenario,he will have to have a surgery,which will leave him out for at least one month i guess.

Such bad luck for him...At least this won't affect his play when he comes back,unlike a muscle injury.However,he will lose his fitness again=>off form Messi=>all the barcsforum members will be anxious etc

blaugrana1987

In the worst case scenario,he will have to have a surgery,which will leave him out for at least one month i guess.

Such bad luck for him...At least this won't affect his play when he comes back,unlike a muscle injury.However,he will lose his fitness again=>off form Messi=>all the barcsforum members will be anxious etc
Nah he will be back in a week or two.

Kuchi

Probably from the long flight? that shit messes you up, very hard on the body, although you don't feel it.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

What a horrible season he is having, just 11 goals due to all this bullshit. I hope he is at least back for the Betis game and then he remains fit and healthy to play the rest of the season.

gasgas

didn't notice it's is end of december soon :D
in the best case scenario he could be back even earlier than that (for training) but nobody knows the extent of his problem

meh you're just trying to use big, confusing words so that you can look smart

IKR

Damn little kidneystones taking weeks to pass? Thought it was days. FFS, we better win this shit.

well, a week is more likely, all depends with the stones, there are things he could do to speed up the process

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I blame those damn pajamas he was wearing on the plane…. sad for Messi. I know he is really hurting right now. SOmetimes kidney stones go fast though, but I hope he gets home to his family asap..

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Suarez said he thinks Messi will be ready for the final and I also read that in most cases it should be over in about 48 hours.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Messi is recovering well from his renal colic, abdominal pain. He's resting at the team hotel. [@latdp]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans