10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Much better 2nd half. Unlucky with FKs, should've had some assists too, but his finishing is still VERY rusty.

bismp

Guys everything apart from the finishing was in GOAT form

I mean,his passing was at a beyond GOAT level.He could have had 3-4 assists today

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Guys everything apart from the finishing was in GOAT form

I mean,his passing was at a beyond GOAT level.He could have had 3-4 assists today

Nah this isn't GOAT Messi.. Not close. His throughballs and linkup with Alves were superb and his FK's too, but nothing else was on show today from him (dribbling, finishing, etc.). He kinda usually picks up around January/February while the rest of the team drops. I'd like to see a fresh start from Messi in the new year, the first half of this season was one to forget for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah this isn't GOAT Messi.. Not close. His throughballs and linkup with Alves were superb and his FK's too, but nothing else was on show today from him (dribbling, finishing, etc.). He kinda usually picks up around January/February while the rest of the team drops. I'd like to see a fresh start from Messi in the new year, the first half of this season was one to forget for him.

Agreed. Good thing is others picked up their game and we are in great position.
Messi should be back to old self in Spring.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't know what people consider "poor finishing" anymore. 6 shots, but 3 were FKs, 2 of which hit the bar (one of them after the keeper deflected it); 1 blocked by a defender in traffic; 1 a very good save by Adan; and the goal. That's not a poor finishing day, but what do I know.

Anyway, like I said, it'll take him until mid January to get back to rhythm, but you can see the improvements as the games go by. Some excellent throughballs today.

Cule Finn

I just hope that injury didn't have too big of an impact on him. I mean, since his return Leo's first couple of steps when accelerating haven't been as quick as we have used to. But hopefully he just needs a little more time get back to 100%.

Edit: Superb free kicks and some marvelous passing tho...

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

I don't know what people consider "poor finishing" anymore. 6 shots, but 3 were FKs, 2 of which hit the bar (one of them after the keeper deflected it); 1 blocked by a defender in traffic; 1 a very good save by Adan; and the goal. That's not a poor finishing day, but what do I know.

was thinking the same thing, one good chance and he finished that, all the rest fks or difficult shots that wore well defended, only thing that bothers me a little is Messi dropping back to deep to often

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
was thinking the same thing, one good chance and he finished that, all the rest fks or difficult shots that wore well defended, only thing that bothers me a little is Messi dropping back to deep to often

True. I've noticed he drops even deeper when Iniesta doesn't play to create chances.

Catalan Fan

Anyway, like I said, it'll take him until mid January to get back to rhythm, but you can see the improvements as the games go by. Some excellent throughballs today.

Agreed, and let's not forget he got properly clobbered by the keeper in 1st half too ffs !

A few of the comments on here tonight are just plain daft..... maybe I watched a different game in 2nd half ? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans