10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Not as effective as he once was.

Still a solid match.

The River Plate much suggests otherwise

I just hope that injury didn't have too big of an impact on him. I mean, since his return Leo's first couple of steps when accelerating haven't been as quick as we have used to. But hopefully he just needs a little more time get back to 100%.

Edit: Superb free kicks and some marvelous passing tho...

He acceleration look fairly on point vs River Plate.

footyfan

Calma, calma
After a long time, he was the best player on the pitch. He's getting better and better every week. The explosion of goals will start soon.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
His first 15min were not good, but then he changed the cleats and turned his beast mode on.

It was amusing to watch that changing cleats could have an impact like that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Good point, I think had he had the right boots on earlier he would've scored on that early counter rather than what happened

anguy

After a long time, he was the best player on the pitch. He's getting better and better every week. The explosion of goals will start soon.

I'm slightly worried about him. His running certainly seems to be affected by injury. Maybe it will improve after a while, but right now it limits his ability to perform as forward, he loses balls he did not just few months ago and sometimes has troubles to beat defenders.

Albo

I'm slightly worried about him. His running certainly seems to be affected by injury. Maybe it will improve after a while, but right now it limits his ability to perform as forward, he loses balls he did not just few months ago and sometimes has troubles to beat defenders.

Yea, he is done. I just hope somebody would still want to buy him.

blaugrana1987

Lol you guys. He was our best player in WCF last week, and he was one of the best today. Played 3 beautiful passes to Suarez and Sergi, had two clean goals kept out by great keeper and hit the woodwork. Small margines, but he could have scored a hat trick and had 2-3 assists as well. Overreaction at its finest here...

kadeng

its really embarrassing how such a average performance can still be declared as goat mode from several deluded messi fanboys... yes his pass to neymar was world class and the goal after that was good, ok.. but apart from that he was really poor by his standards. again. but the whole team was in my opinion. lack of cohesion without iniesta is obvious. we don't play proper football without him and messi with his lack of workrate is not helping.

yes it sounds like we lost yesterday and not betis but in my opinion this team can play much more eye pleasing football. and i don't understand messi when he says (and others about him) that he wants to play every single game and yet he doesn't show it on the pitch?! i mean he is just jogging much of the time doing his trademark lob pass to neymar (which is great) and this was it.. i don't know.. i just miss the old messi who would run the show the whole game and not just on few occasions
he looks lethargic not just physically but mentally which leads to unusual turnovers.

CatalinR10

its really embarrassing how such a average performance can still be declared as goat mode from several deluded messi fanboys... yes his pass to neymar was world class and the goal after that was good, ok.. but apart from that he was really poor by his standards. again. but the whole team was in my opinion. lack of cohesion without iniesta is obvious. we don't play proper football without him and messi with his lack of workrate is not helping.

yes it sounds like we lost yesterday and not betis but in my opinion this team can play much more eye pleasing football. and i don't understand messi when he says (and others about him) that he wants to play every single game and yet he doesn't show it on the pitch?! i mean he is just jogging much of the time doing his trademark lob pass to neymar (which is great) and this was it.. i don't know.. i just miss the old messi who would run the show the whole game and not just on few occasions
he looks lethargic not just physically but mentally which leads to unusual turnovers.

hatrick or death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans