10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

its really embarrassing how such a average performance can still be declared as goat mode from several deluded messi fanboys... yes his pass to neymar was world class and the goal after that was good, ok.. but apart from that he was really poor by his standards. again. but the whole team was in my opinion. lack of cohesion without iniesta is obvious. we don't play proper football without him and messi with his lack of workrate is not helping.

yes it sounds like we lost yesterday and not betis but in my opinion this team can play much more eye pleasing football. and i don't understand messi when he says (and others about him) that he wants to play every single game and yet he doesn't show it on the pitch?! i mean he is just jogging much of the time doing his trademark lob pass to neymar (which is great) and this was it.. i don't know.. i just miss the old messi who would run the show the whole game and not just on few occasions
he looks lethargic not just physically but mentally which leads to unusual turnovers.
Thought he was fine after changing boots. You are greatly overreacting, it was betis at home. Considering he recently came back from injury, flew al over the world last week and got the shit knocked out of him by Adan I think he did fine.
Just mediocre by his standards for any other player it would be labled solid/good performance.

Messi will surely turn it on when it matters, or are you also dissapointed with his overall 2015? Some people tend to be too nostalgic or overrate 2010-12 Messi imo as if he was in god mode every game and compare him to that level nowadays.
2015 Messi has been as good as any version, arguably better just different.

kadeng

hatrick or death

no :D :D .. its not about scoring. thats not too important for me to have him on the score sheet . of course to win a match you have to score. but apart from that its a fact that he is not his like the old messi.. maybe its because of his injury and he just needs time but he was not different before that on several occasions. for example i loved his game against man city away .. that is what i want to see. he was so active.. i loved it.

and apart from that maybe its just my understanding of football. i love players who are active the whole game, work hard even when they are technically gifted and not players who do the whole game nothing apart from giving a assist here and there...yes özil i mean you!! ;D

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Whole team was poor? Messi off? Dude we could have scored 10 against Betis. I am not saying this is the team's best possible performance but they dominated Betis in every aspect.

Kerrybai

no :D :D .. its not about scoring. thats not too important for me to have him on the score sheet . of course to win a match you have to score. but apart from that its a fact that he is not his like the old messi.. maybe its because of his injury and he just needs time but he was not different before that on several occasions. for example i loved his game against man city away .. that is what i want to see. he was so active.. i loved it.

and apart from that maybe its just my understanding of football. i love players who are active the whole game, work hard even when they are technically gifted and not players who do the whole game nothing apart from giving a assist here and there...yes özil i mean you!! ;D

But that's not messi anymore , he was amazing against river plate and not so amazing against be Betts.He doesn't turn it on in every game anymore , I.e in easier games he takes the foot off the pedal. Even in 2015 he had many games where he had similar performances. In the end he's still generally the best player on the pitch.

ManusXavi

I completely agree with the jogging and he has been like that since around 2013.
The thing is though he is still the best in the World at his position. I can't say that the Messi of 2010-12 is better than now. I think Messi is different to 2010-12 but no less effective. He a flippen beast during the 2014-15 season and the current season.

CatalinR10

Yeah i get what you are saying but we keep having the same discussions every year , in the same period of time , before the new year when Messi just walks around ( and still manages to create a shit tone of chances and scores goals ) and doesn't seem interested but tears shit apart in the important games in the later part of the season. Same discussions were last year in nov/dec and then he went and shit on all of Europe with Godlike performances.

You can't compare the magnitude of a game like M. City in CL knockouts with the one yesterday . Yesterday he was wearing the wrong cleets for 15 mins and then he got knocked the fuck down by the keeper . I thought he was going to be out for some time after I saw the replay . He ain't penaldo to give all vs shitty teams to try to prove something , he'll do later in the season.

I also don't care if the team doesn't play in a particular style since we won 4-0 . Sure it would be great to see Godlike plays and total demolition ....but it was last game of the year against a bad team after some days where the team travelled a lot .

We all saw what the team is capable by winning 5 titles this year , a game played in a particular style vs Betis won't change that.

Also besides the fact we won 4-0 , we had like 4-5 shots that hit the post ? Score could have easily been 7 or 8-0 .

dakt

its really embarrassing how such a average performance can still be declared as goat mode from several deluded messi fanboys... yes his pass to neymar was world class and the goal after that was good, ok.. but apart from that he was really poor by his standards. again. but the whole team was in my opinion. lack of cohesion without iniesta is obvious. we don't play proper football without him and messi with his lack of workrate is not helping.

yes it sounds like we lost yesterday and not betis but in my opinion this team can play much more eye pleasing football. and i don't understand messi when he says (and others about him) that he wants to play every single game and yet he doesn't show it on the pitch?! i mean he is just jogging much of the time doing his trademark lob pass to neymar (which is great) and this was it.. i don't know.. i just miss the old messi who would run the show the whole game and not just on few occasions
he looks lethargic not just physically but mentally which leads to unusual turnovers.

Relax. Like it was said, he just came back from the injury. He himself said that during CWC his legs were heavy, so it's logical he'll be less aggressive on the pitch. Old and new Leo are not the same apparently, but his consistency is amazing and development even more so. He's much more intelligent in his play. And in the end, remember, just 6 months ago he scored epic solo goal against Athletic.

ManusXavi

And in the end, remember, just 6 months ago he scored epic solo goal against Athletic.

And examples like when he took a charging authoritative sprint against juventus in the Champions League final . .Took a shot that rebounded off the Keeper and was knocked in the goal by Suarez

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He was still our best player of the night, scored once, had two free kicks hit the bar and played some great passes to Suarez and Neymar.

Mitchell1978

Whats funny is the some people wore complaining about him being lazy not tracking back when he still played for the b team. If you look at the stats he still runs about the same compared to a couple of years ago which is around 8 maybe 9 km a games which is less then other players who play the whole game. Its true his game has changed he started out as a winger, played false nine or even CF from 09 to 13 and now he's becoming more like a nr 10. And off course injuries and sickness have derailed his season somewhat but still he is contributing and i hope he will turn it on this season when it matters most.

raskolnikov

First barca game I ever saw live was the cl home game in 2010. I had a bet on Messi to score twice and was shocked how little he moved. The same walking around shit. He still scored twice including one beautiful long distance shot.
But moved way less than the rest if the team, and this was prime hard working Messi to some.

Also read this story where in la masia they had this play where each kid dressed up as an animal that matched their personality. Messi was a snail.
Being lazy/laid back is in his nature. He definitely doesnt move way less now, maybe in 2013/14 but not 2015 compared tp 2011.

ini4ever

well he's 28, he's not false nine / free forward or even wing anymore, he's number 10 alike
and i don't mind how much he runs per game, especially against low teams you don't need to exhaust yourself that much, it's just an easy peasy game
as long as he dominates the games , leading us to the win , you should thank god that he's here. even with just couple of moves and that is why makes him the best in the world : quality over quantity

NotInHere

well he's 28, he's not false nine / free forward or even wing anymore, he's number 10 alike
and i don't mind how much he runs per game, especially against low teams you don't need to exhaust yourself that much, it's just an easy peasy game
as long as he dominates the games , leading us to the win , you should thank god that he's here. even with just couple of moves and that is why makes him the best in the world : quality over quantity
you're absolutely right, as long as he doesn't disappear in big games, like cr status

then we shouldn't really overanalyze games against the levante/getafe's. Once he disappears in big games it will be time to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans