10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galning

I'm not so sure. He needs more playing time after the injury, but at the same time it feels like he doesn't put much effort to come back GOAT ready.
After 10 years, all the trophies and records...what is his motivation that will push him over the edge? Enjoying the football is not enough that's for sure.

Always the same. He looked very motivated to me 4 months ago, what makes you think he lost his motivation in such a short period of time? What he needs is to sit his ass down because to me he looks exhausted and not unmotivated.

Or maybe there's another Middle Eastern award show he can go to a few days before a game after coming back from a tournament in Japan. Priorities.

mark1nhu

As I said a couple of days ago, I really don't worry about his lack of movement, because this is heavily related to his injury.

What really really really worries me is how poor his finishing is currently (except for the free kicks).

He is constantly finishing in the middle of the goal, extremely weak, in the hands of keepers, no matter if far or close from it.

KingLeo10

I think some of the recent matches are a bit of a wake up call for those that think messi can start for barca until the age of 35 in a midfield role. He simply doesn't have the work rate or tenacity for it, despite his unparalleled vision and creative ability.

dakt

what makes you think he lost his motivation in such a short period of time?

I don't know...yet another successful year and yet another baby...also Barca played well w/o him.
Maybe his motivation is not in question, but the level of it. But maybe it's just me, because every season we had him injured was not very successful.

JamDav1982

It wont be his motivation. Most likely just pacing himself through the season having not long come back from injury.

When he is like that it affects the team more as he is the player the tactics is built round and it slows the whole thing right down and in games he doesn't produce a couple bits of magic it is very frustrating to watch.

The team looked better with Neymar as main man than it does with Messi playing like this. Neymar has been the better player this season.

No real panic yet but Messi needs to work harder towards end of season in bigger games if not Lucho needs to base game back on Neymar.

Would bet on Messi pacing himself though!

Kuchi

Hopefully we'll see him and the whole team raising their level, week by week.

He is struggling, but hell all we need from him is one amazing 2 month spell.

Just hope that this is not an injury related consequence.

LordLichtenstein

We were doing perfectly before he came back, now, we have drawn 3 games. Perhaps he should work as hard as his teammates and start showing some fucking desire to win. I am getting sick and tired of him walking around the pitch, not tracking back, not making runs, not making room for himself etc. his teammates seems to have no problem doing this, why should he be the exception?

He has not been our best player this season, arguably not even 2nd, so maybe he should stop acting like it.

Sorry for the rant.

Hardy

[youtube]veDHKQh2Puo[/youtube]

[youtube]H95YkNmeisI[/youtube]

Please Leo, back to this shot from outside the box

Maybe we can finally accept that messi's biggest flaw is his lack of movement & looking disinterested at times.
The quality of his passing should not be forgotten though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans