10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollegah

what i dont get, why doesnt leo play straight RW?
Remember last year after anoeta disasterin the copa games against ATM he played straight RW and he ran the show.
Nowadays he always crowded in the middle and alves has to step up in RW. Dont get it.
LEO at RW is fucking god.

SeloBarca

Whenever Messi plays in middle, I am thinking: "Oh, no. Please, no."

It works in some matches, but in majority of matches, Messi is much more beneficial both for himself and for the whole team=as a RW.
In the end, this is one of the key reasons why our team plays differently in the last 2 seasons.

Further, whenever he plays in the middle in the last 2 Lucho's seasons, and when we play poorly, I remember: "Oh, Deja vu again. It's like looking the final years of Tiki-Taka again when we tried 90% of actions through the middle and when 9 out of 10 actions were hitting a brick wall/a bus/a boeing/whatever. And we just tried the same old crap over and over and over again. Like idiots."

I don't know whether Messi enjoys more to play in the middle or what.
But that thing is just not working anymore in majority of matches.
And probably never will.

Iniesta, Raki, Roberto, Rafinha, they are all AMs. Noone can handle the playmaker CM role Xavi had. Messi is the only player that comes close to a proper playmer and is forced into the middle to take that role. Before Messi could stay further up and get fed by Xavi. Yet noone wants to get a proper CM playmaker.

JamDav1982

Iniesta, Raki, Roberto, Rafinha, they are all AMs. Noone can handle the playmaker CM role Xavi had. Messi is the only player that comes close to a proper playmer and is forced into the middle to take that role. Before Messi could stay further up and get fed by Xavi. Yet noone wants to get a proper CM playmaker.

The flip side of that is that Barca just won the treble with this system relying on Messi as the main playmaker feeding the other front two.

Getting in a pure CM playmaker to dictate game and feed Messi probably hampers how early the front three get the ball and how devestating they can be.

What is the point of trying to match a system that stopped working 3/4 years ago?

Even then players like Iniesta can do the playmaking role. He destroyed Real away doing that this season in one of his greatest performances ever.

anguy

Remember last year after anoeta disasterin the copa games against ATM he played straight RW and he ran the show.
Nowadays he always crowded in the middle and alves has to step up in RW. Dont get it.

I think he has problem with his speed/acceleration post injury. You need those to play effectively on RW.

Mitchell1978

Messi didn't play 'straight RW' last season. It was his starting point but he probably spent half of the time playing in the middle as a sort of hybrid rw/nr 10.

Albo

Messi's disappearance of the last 30 minutes wasn't even the greatest magic trick of the game, Neymar was missing for the first 45 minutes.

NotInHere

but but... in the second half neymar had two great dribbles...
people just expect more from messi, leo at his peak is better than anyones peak. When we see him walking around and not matching the intensity of the game, knowing what he is capable of, it often leaves a bad mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans