10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

The flip side of that is that Barca just won the treble with this system relying on Messi as the main playmaker feeding the other front two.

Getting in a pure CM playmaker to dictate game and feed Messi probably hampers how early the front three get the ball and how devestating they can be.

What is the point of trying to match a system that stopped working 3/4 years ago?

Even then players like Iniesta can do the playmaking role. He destroyed Real away doing that this season in one of his greatest performances ever.

I dont think the system doesnt work, only that we dont have the players to do it.
We basicly play the same way still, with Iniesta/Messi(Xavi) and Busqutetes in mid, only differance beeing another AM in Raki or Roberto.
Messi shouldnt be needed in the midfield but noone else can dictate the game.
Our RW however becomes weak becouse Messi takes on the playmaker role in the middle.
Tbh if Messi wants to play that role we could just make him a CM/AM next to Iniesta/Roberto and get another RW.
Iniesta didnt play the playmaker role, he played the same role he always did. Brilliance of the attacking front decided that game, as has alot of the games the last 1,5 years.

F

Flavia

[tw]684104420959907840[/tw]

He's been nutmegging everyone these days. Suarez, Bartra, and now Masche :lol:

JamDav1982

I dont think the system doesnt work, only that we dont have the players to do it.
We basicly play the same way still, with Iniesta/Messi(Xavi) and Busqutetes in mid, only differance beeing another AM in Raki or Roberto.
Messi shouldnt be needed in the midfield but noone else can dictate the game.
Our RW however becomes weak becouse Messi takes on the playmaker role in the middle.
Tbh if Messi wants to play that role we could just make him a CM/AM next to Iniesta/Roberto and get another RW.
Iniesta didnt play the playmaker role, he played the same role he always did. Brilliance of the attacking front decided that game, as has alot of the games the last 1,5 years.

The system has worked and Barca have had the players to play it. The trophies show that.

Iniesta played a play maker role in that game. He was involved in everything and on the ball a lot. A playmaker is not just someone who is constantly on the ball like Xavi was.

Raki doesn't play AM he is there to cover for Messi and Alves as much as anything.

The way Barca play Iniesta and Alves are most often the players that support the front three and Alba on left Raki on right cover for them.

You are looking at it the wrong way. Messi is not NEEDED in midfield due to lack of creativity it is a deliberate ploy to get Messi on the ball as much as possible as he is most likely to open up opposition.

Going to another playmaker looking to feed Messi is going backwards and would slow the game down and limit front three.

anguy

people just expect more from messi, leo at his peak is better than anyones peak. When we see him walking around and not matching the intensity of the game, knowing what he is capable of, it often leaves a bad mark

I don't have a problem with him walking around, when he is great in offense. The problem is if he is not playing that well (relatively speaking) he should at least try to show more effort.

SeloBarca

The system has worked and Barca have had the players to play it. The trophies show that.

Iniesta played a play maker role in that game. He was involved in everything and on the ball a lot. A playmaker is not just someone who is constantly on the ball like Xavi was.

Raki doesn't play AM he is there to cover for Messi and Alves as much as anything.

The way Barca play Iniesta and Alves are most often the players that support the front three and Alba on left Raki on right cover for them.

You are looking at it the wrong way. Messi is not NEEDED in midfield due to lack of creativity it is a deliberate ploy to get Messi on the ball as much as possible as he is most likely to open up opposition.

Going to another playmaker looking to feed Messi is going backwards and would slow the game down and limit front three.

Which is the role of a playmaker. I guess we see it differantly. In my view Messi walks into the mid becouse of lack of creativity.

Hardy

1497_1008973609149123_5682237553817828199_n.jpg

i_bleed_blaugrana

So I'm just saying that a lot of the criticism I have read of Messi last few pages was fickle at it's finest. Look at the big picture: they played a game three days prior after a grueling December where Lucho rotated little in the last few games. I just think a lot of people always expect us to waltz La Liga and they underestimate how difficult these games are sometimes. It's a derby in hostile territory, they were up for it and we have played a lot more games and had less time to prepare for the game then we did. Like this shit ain't easy, it's why what we have achieved is so remarkable recently.

Bottom line, I didn't see anything wrong with Messi's game and I share the same sentiment of Selo and Andres's posts recently.

Messi has earned the right to do as he sees fit on the pitch. The team works for him and once he finds his rhythm and confidence back, the goals will come. I mean they act like it's Tata Messi in April just because we drew. This sort of criticism and pressure could be making him think twice about it here with Pep and €ity waiting to pounce.

Arda will ease the creative pressure on him and allow him more freedom to attack, thus more goals and hopefully a lot less whining drivel on here, at least in terms of this guy. Like, honestly?

Carry on.

Kuchi

he'll score a free kick, walk some more, assist Ney and that's that.

Arda will assist Suarez for the 3rd and be part of the most epic celebration involving himself and el Pistolero.

klc123

So I'm just saying that a lot of the criticism I have read of Messi last few pages was fickle at it's finest. Look at the big picture: they played a game three days prior after a grueling December where Lucho rotated little in the last few games. I just think a lot of people always expect us to waltz La Liga and they underestimate how difficult these games are sometimes. It's a derby in hostile territory, they were up for it and we have played a lot more games and had less time to prepare for the game then we did. Like this shit ain't easy, it's why what we have achieved is so remarkable recently.

Bottom line, I didn't see anything wrong with Messi's game and I share the same sentiment of Selo and Andres's posts recently.

Messi has earned the right to do as he sees fit on the pitch. The team works for him and once he finds his rhythm and confidence back, the goals will come. I mean they act like it's Tata Messi in April just because we drew. This sort of criticism and pressure could be making him think twice about it here with Pep and €ity waiting to pounce.

Arda will ease the creative pressure on him and allow him more freedom to attack, thus more goals and hopefully a lot less whining drivel on here, at least in terms of this guy. Like, honestly?

Carry on.

I agree, the problem for barca has been the lack of rotation/options in the midfield. Since Xavi has retired, we don't really have many options besides Rakitic as a deep=lying midfielder. In terms of the play maker role, again, we don't have many options besides Iniesta. Arda Turan should be able to come into both of those positions, as he has the creativity/technical quality, as well as the physicality and ability to read the game. This should take some pressure off Messi to produce the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans