10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hes getting older, but its like swearing in church saying anthing.

As Thwix said above, the few games before he had the discomfort he was doing great. Sure he is past his peak physically as a 28 year old, he is not as fast as before but I think today he is off. A form issue.

His finishing has declined since 2013 though, I am afraid.

SeloBarca

Lol, here we go again. He was beasting it up a couple of weeks ago before his small injury, but now I guess he's just old and in decline again. Sell!!

Exactly what i mean. You proved my point overreacting.
I still think hes the best, just not as in another league as 3-4 years ago.
i also think Neymar has a good chance of winning the Ballon next year since imo hes been better than Messi the last 6+ months.

Last edited:

serghei

He's fine. I just hope he realizes that now it's not expected of him to win games and shine everytime. At the moment, there's very little separating Messi, Neymar and Suarez. Each of them can have a game in which he outshines the other two.

bismp

I didn't watch the match and it saddens me hearing your words,BUT:

He is getting older guys,what do you expect?He cannot be in GOAT form for ever.Some abilities are bound to decline.
In the meanwhile though,other abilities,like vision,have been improved over the years.
But this doesn't mean he will suddenly become a normal player.The way i see it is that during his peak,he would have 7 GOAT matches out of 10.Now,he has 3-4 GOAT matches out of 10,but these matches actually matter.

Or maybe i am entirely wrong.Maybe he just saves himself for the latter part of the season :lol:
Someway,though,i feel that he will be GOAT-ing against Atleti ;)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Exactly what i mean. You proved my point overreacting.

I'm not the one that's changing my opinion on him game from game. That's overreacting. Just stop with that cliche that he can't be criticised too. Makes you look stupid.

SeloBarca

I'm not the one that's changing my opinion on him game from game. That's overreacting. Just stop with that cliche that he can't be criticised too. Makes you look stupid.

IM not the one capeturning on players every game. Im much more constistant than most here and get shit for it.
Ive been warned just for criticising him before.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
I believe he is saving himself for critical matches ahead in the season.
thats fine though because he doesnt need to give his 100% every game like 3-4 years ago because he has suarez-neymar with him instead of Tello-Alexis :lol:

Hardy

It's like he's missing about 10% in every aspect of his game....dribbling, passing, shooting, etc.

THIS. the first touch when he gets the ball also, is mile away from his best.

If he plays like this vs Atletico i will start to considering the fact that Messi this year is this.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He always takes time to get back after injuries. Like having "pre-season" again.

Was completely beasting it at the start of the season before that injury that kept him out for a few weeks. Then had a few niggles here and there. He'll be back firing on all cylinders in a month or so...

J

Jamie Cal

Usually I find that if we have 2 of the 3 up front playing well, but really only Neymar played particularly well tonight. And that's ok. Fully expecting Messi to turn it on at the weekend.

xXKonan

[tw]692482663547064320[/tw]

Apparently Real tried to sign Messi 3 times between 2011-2014.

And real are going to try and get neymar instead this time :lol:

SirXavi

The Engineer
[tw]692482663547064320[/tw]

Apparently Real tried to sign Messi 3 times between 2011-2014.

And real are going to try and get neymar instead this time :lol:

3ecfecebd33974fa1873149050c513c04b02b655665425ccf952bc7b338bcd77.jpg

StarLord

Some under-par performances from Leo lately. No big deal I say.

The important games are still to come, and that's where it will be make or break. For both Messi and Barca as a whole.

The massive games begin from Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans