3 Shots (2 OT)
3 Crosses
2 Key passes
5 Dribbles
84 Touches
79% Pass accuracy

Last edited:

serghei

He looked to me like he ran more today. Those stats are heavily skewed by the fact that Atletico was down to 10 and then 9 for a large portion of the game. It's no need to run a lot when you own the ball. But in the first half, I think he realised that this game needs more than you normally give out there, and he stepped it up in terms of intensity, especially after Koke's goal. That's why he is my MotM.

bismp

run 7,3 km , 47/70 succ. passes
suarez 10km, ney akmost 10 km

besides the goal, very average game
Riiight.
He was definitely not in GOAT form,but he scored an extremely crucial goal,plus he had some nice dribbles and passes.He even defended far more than usual.

KingLeo10

some of you have developed a very distorted sense of what a vintage messi was like. this isn't just any random la liga team from the guardiola era, this is one of the best defensively coached (and thugish) sides that europe has seen in the last few years. messi was top class from min 25 on, no two ways about it.

MasChe

we should really see how he ran those those kilometres rather than how much.
Messi is not Gatusso, it's not his to run all day, and Barça is a strong team that doesn't have to defends with everyplayer behind the ball. But today he was very needed to help defensively, and he gave his best. He always tries harder when it's most needed, you can always count on that. He returned back to help few times and still did excellent up front.

Horatio

You're welcome
some of you have developed a very distorted sense of what a vintage messi was like. this isn't just any random la liga team from the guardiola era, this is one of the best defensively coached (and thugish) sides that europe has seen in the last few years. messi was top class from min 25 on, no two ways about it.

I was honestly thinking the exact same thing. Atletico has been phenomenal at defending in recent years and arguably stronger than Real Madrid at the moment(they are going to beat Real). Best defense in La Liga. Messi showing a good performance here is noteworthy.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He did what I was asking for some weeks ago when he had bad games (like the whole team) and was only standing around waiting for the ball. Today Messi was working for the team which helped us turn it in our favor. Exactly what I mean when I talk about his work rate and intensity but there are always the clueless fanboys that jump on everyone who criticizes him.
Do not want to start that annoying discussion again but want to prove my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans