10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

What's amazing with Messi is that he almost never fails to perform in big games *cough*ronaldo*cough*

Also,this "not GOAT-form" Messi,is still the leading scorer in 2016,is he not?

You can always pick any timeframe to suit the goalscorer. Year, month, season, etc. What I usually "count" is overall display on the pitch and that is something you cannot measure, but watch the damn games. As far as I'm concerned, he could have 0 goals but with huge impact on the game (remember performance against MC last season) and leave goals to Neyboy and Suarez. That's Messi. He can be brilliant even without stat padding.

dakt

This is so wrong on so many levels.
But I suppose you have evidence to back your claim up?
Cause I remember in an earlier game some trolls were again crying in chat during the game and after the game it turned out messi had the most defensive contributions of all players, sums up these trolls' football understanding when they can't figure out exactly what they are even watching.
So, do you have evidence to prove messi ran more in defence rather than in offence in this game specifically?

Do I have an evidence? Yeah sure:

E²=(mc²)²+(pc)² where that extra 'p' represents the momentum of an object

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
giphy.gif

doublehh03

He had 7 goals in January of record-breaking 2012 year!Well i am not saying that he will or should try to break his record,but this "Messi is off form" trend has gone a little bit too far ;)

Messi is more than just goals. I'm sure we all remember last year when he had 10+ dribbles twice v. Athletico.

bismp

You can always pick any timeframe to suit the goalscorer. Year, month, season, etc. What I usually "count" is overall display on the pitch and that is something you cannot measure, but watch the damn games. As far as I'm concerned, he could have 0 goals but with huge impact on the game (remember performance against MC last season) and leave goals to Neyboy and Suarez. That's Messi. He can be brilliant even without stat padding.
Most people believe that he was the best player yesterday,so yeah,we watched the damn game.He can't be in GOAT form in every damn match,especially when the whole team is in bad form.

Stat padding?Are you serious?Most of these goals were extremely crucial(2 against Espanyol,1 against Malaga and one against Atleti).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans