10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

It's WC 2018 qualifiers, of course he'll play both games from first to last minute. The same for Masche, Bravo, Neymar, Suarez and probably also Alves. Our players in Spain and other European NTs (especially Rakitic) are playing friendly games so I hope they'll get some rest.

Hardy

Yep, Messi should be rest, with Argentina that have misery 5 points after 4 games. Give me a break. If somebody comes from Mars and read some thing would think that Messi has 38 years old :lol:

raskolnikov

That's totally bizarre. Do you want him to be hated on Argentina? Every player turns up and plays for their respective countries. Messi is no different.

From a Barca point of view it makes sense of not wanting him to go right?
I loathe international games when its not an actual tournament like the wc or euro's. Its really bad football 9/10 by players who greatly lack chemistry and an annoying obligatory break out of "normal" football. Just very boring and also jsut another trick to make more money. Look how many players go pas 100 caps nowadays compared to a few decades ago.
All the games in Europe these 2 weeks are boring, only for money and of low quality.

Also the amount of injuries and the fifa virus while we play our most important part of the season, its not that weird I prefer the best player in the world to stay and rest while the rest of the players tire themselves out for nothing.

Kerrybai

From a Barca point of view it makes sense of not wanting him to go right?
I loathe international games when its not an actual tournament like the wc or euro's. Its really bad football 9/10 by players who greatly lack chemistry and an annoying obligatory break out of "normal" football. Just very boring and also jsut another trick to make more money. Look how many players go pas 100 caps nowadays compared to a few decades ago.
All the games in Europe these 2 weeks are boring, only for money and of low quality.

Also the amount of injuries and the fifa virus while we play our most important part of the season, its not that weird I prefer the best player in the world to stay and rest while the rest of the players tire themselves out for nothing.

But its the world cup, surely you want to see the best player in the world deliver for his national team? His legacy depends on it to a certain degree. Imagine Messi staying home and Argentina losing to Chile and drawing against Bolivia and been totally screwed.

Also why does he need rest? He has played very few minutes this season compared with the likes of Suarez and he jogs around conserving energy all the time.

vlad

as a croatian, i would be mad if modric or rakitic would not play for national team because they prefer clubs instead, for me, national team should be first, probably every barca fan from argentina will choose messi lift trophy with national team instead of lifting trophy with barca.

raskolnikov

But its the world cup, surely you want to see the best player in the world deliver for his national team? His legacy depends on it to a certain degree. Imagine Messi staying home and Argentina losing to Chile and drawing against Bolivia and been totally screwed.

Also why does he need rest? He has played very few minutes this season compared with the likes of Suarez and he jogs around conserving energy all the time.

Argentina doesnt love Messi like cule's do. They destroyed him after the wc and even more after the copa america. They this Madridista type attitude where they root for him as long as he performs and if they lose they do a 180 and burn him to the ground.
Messi already is the goat, he doesnt need a wc imo.
I get what you are saying by the way and im sure Messi would never do that to Argentina but as a barca fan I prefer him to chill and enter beast mode in el classico:p

Messi983

I think most of the players like to play for their NT and I respect that. And while I get there is not much time for NT coaches to prepare their teams to Euro and they like to use every opportunity when they can get their team together I also think they should be smart enough to rotate and get some rest to their best players like Rakitic or Modric who also have heavy workload in their clubs. It won't help them if they are injured or physically exhausted when Euro will start.

To be fair there are some interesting games (at least on paper) on schedule like Italy-Spain, Germany-England, Germany-Italy, Netherlands-France,... As a football fan I'll watch them but overall I agree with your assesment. I prefer club football over NT football and timing of this international break is bad but in Lucho's era we have successfully avoid "Fifa virus". I don't expect it will be anything different this time.

vlad

i just feel sorry for messi because argentina is wasting nice generation they have with bad coaches, maradona, tata martino, sabella almost made it.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Only thing I'm excited for is seeing him play with Dybala. Think it will even be the first time.

Edit: FFS. Forget it. Dybala managed to get injured again yesterday against Torino. Last international break Messi was injured, now Dybala. Looks like we will never see them play together.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Messi cares too much for argentina, he'll surely play both games. I kind of wish he wouldn't, mostly because of the potato fields where they play. I really wish conmebol cared about that.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
[tw]711947390807351296[/tw]

Please, just don't get injured again. Last thing we need right now. :(

Altomonte

I know it's a useless thought but I'm sometimes wondering if Messi is regretting the choice he made to play for Argentina instead of Spain. After all, he probably has spent more years of his life in Barcelona than at the place where he was born ...
It's certainly more taxing to travel to Argentina during the Intern'l break with long trips and associated jet lag than to play in Europe.
The same is true for Neymar and Suarez. Therefore, Real Madrid will have an advantage at the next Clasico - BBC will all stay in Europe.

Observer

Banned
Nonsense talk, everyone wants to play for their country and Southamerican QF happens to be the toughest in the world, so everyone wants to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans