10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie

Hungry or not, he is still scoring 50-60 goals per season, so what is your point? Sure, we should not expect him to do so forever, but Ronaldo (31) and Zlatan (34) are showing next to no signs of slowing down despite being 2½ years and 5½ years older and inferior to Messi.

Messi having his highest goal ratio since 2012-13, just goes to show, that he isn't slowing down either, despite getting older.

Ronaldo still does it because it's an obsession to score that's taken over his whole game. Zlatan is playing against Getafe every week.

LordLichtenstein

Ronaldo still does it because it's an obsession to score that's taken over his whole game. Zlatan is playing against Getafe every week.
Again, what is your point? Do you expect Messi to suddenly stop scoring 50+ goals over the next 2-3 seasons? Because I don't. He is a far better player than both Ronaldo and Zlatan, and he is part of a much greater side than both of them. Messi playing alongside Suárez and Neymar will keep resulting in a lot of goals, that much is certain.

Ronaldo's obsession shouldn't reflect back on Messi as a goalscorer, but rather highlight Messi's superiority. Any player who tries to compete with Messi, will seem obsessed, because that is what it takes.

Kerrybai

Again, what is your point? Do you expect Messi to suddenly stop scoring 50+ goals over the next 2-3 seasons? Because I don't. He is a far better player than both Ronaldo and Zlatan, and he is part of a much greater side than both of them. Messi playing alongside Suárez and Neymar will keep resulting in a lot of goals, that much is certain.

Ronaldo's obsession shouldn't reflect back on Messi as a goalscorer, but rather highlight Messi's superiority. Any player who tries to compete with Messi, will seem obsessed, because that is what it takes.

You are also relying on Messi staying injury free like Ronaldo. He is more injury prone than him currently and in his 30s he could be even worse. Ronaldo may also go to destroy the French league while Messi stays in a more competitive Spain.

Ritchie

You are also relying on Messi staying injury free like Ronaldo. He is more injury prone than him currently and in his 30s he could be even worse. Ronaldo may also go to destroy the French league while Messi stays in a more competitive Spain.

Messi roughly gets a goal a game now. As he gets older he'll play deeper, whereas Ronaldo is more of a penalty box striker as he gets older. Also Penaldo plays every single minute of the season near enough whereas Messi gets some injuries.

Ronaldo will maintain his goal ratio for several years as he's become more of a goalscorer and more hungry for goals. It'll work in reverse for Messi.

If zlatan can bang in 40 a season in France Penaldo will be pushing 60 for that team.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Each time I see Messi thread high up in latest post, I feel a bit anxious. Would be terrible if we got injured now.

LordLichtenstein

Of course, but him becoming more injured in the future remains to be seen. :)

Injured or not, Messi scores just as many goals as Ronaldo despite being out for two months.

This discussion isn't about whether he will score more goals than Ronaldo or not, it is about, whether he'll continue to score 50+ goals per season for the foreseeable future and I say yes, absolutely.

Messi roughly gets a goal a game now. As he gets older he'll play deeper, whereas Ronaldo is more of a penalty box striker as he gets older. Also Penaldo plays every single minute of the season near enough whereas Messi gets some injuries.

Ronaldo will maintain his goal ratio for several years as he's become more of a goalscorer and more hungry for goals. It'll work in reverse for Messi.

If zlatan can bang in 40 a season in France Penaldo will be pushing 60 for that team.
Why does so many think he'll drop deeper and deeper with him getting older and older? He is already playing incredibly deep at times, but is still scoring like crazy, why should this change?

I think you might be thinking about it all wrong.

You see Ronaldo as this incredible physical specimen, scoring 50-60 goals each season because he is obsessed with scoring goals, when in reality, his obsession is his -and his team's downfall. His obsession with goals (keeping up with Messi) has lead him to become a one-dimensional player, who doesn't care about his team nor his teammates, he would much rather pick personal glory over the team's, because he loves being the sole person in the spotlight.

So you see him, being closer to goal as he gets older, well that is because he is one-dimensional, that doesn't mean he'll score more goals than Messi, it just means that he is one-dimensional. Messi will likely continue to play like this for the next 3-4 years, he is after all only turning 29 this summer and he will continue to score just as many goals as Ronaldo, depsite be being further from goal than him.

Everything points in that direction.

vlad

i just hope messi plays against real madrid with the same intensity he played in argentina's shirt.

i found this comment funny, often you can read that messi does not give all for argentina like he is doing for barcelona :lol:

dakt

Leo, pls make me calm and happy today, pleeeeease!
g1352217865361546904.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans