10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

anyone has a messi vs bolivia vid with live commentary or crowd reaction ? Like those better than the ones with random music .

nvm i found one

Last edited:

Alik

Zlatan is doing it, so why shouldn't Messi be able to?

Zlatan is playing in the most unbalanced league in the world, has played more matches, is the goalscorer of his team, and is a less injury-prone player than Messi (or at least given the age differences).

Could be wrong though.

LordLichtenstein

Imagine if Messi decides to retire here in the summer of 2027, just weeks before his 40th birthday. 11 more seasons and making it 23 in total. Plenty of players throughout history have had that long of a career and if Messi stays healthy (please), then I certainly wouldn't put it past him. I reckon he will still be a worldclass player at 35 years old, though it will be highly unlikely, that he maintains his GOAT level, but then again, he would probably adapt and evolve his game and become a GOAT level midfielder instead. His vision, understanding and influence is on a whole other level, then the best of midfielders throughout the history of the sport.

Hypothetically speaking, if this were the case, then just imagine how many games, goals and assists he could end up with.

Messi 28: (14-19 games before he turns 29)

627 games, 499 goals and 201 assists.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Messi have with 499 goals and 201 assists been directly involved in 700 goals in 626 games.

Ronaldo have with 533 goals and 178 assists been directly involved in 711 goals in 786 games.

Messi has played 160 games fewer than Ronaldo and yet is only 11 goals behind. BEAST. :worthy:

(According to MessivsRonaldo)

In my humble opinion, I think Messi will score 800-900 goals in his career.

There are still 14-20 games left for Messi this season, and with a goal-ratio of 0.976 per game he should be able to finish the season with 54 - 61 goals. (Reminder, he was injured for 2 months.) This should take his total to 512-519 at the end of the season.

Now, could Messi reach 800 goals before he turns 35, I think so. Look at the math.

512-519 goals before next season.

29: 58 goals
30: 55 goals
31: 52 goals
32: 45 goals
33: 40 goals
34: 38 goals

=288 goals (800 in total) :p

900 is not realistic. The difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo will always play as a 9 in his 30's, scoring headers and being a poacher. Messi has far more talent and therefore will be a great playmaker who plays deeper and deeper as he gets older. I predict around 750 as his final tally. Despite Ronaldo being 2 years older he should also hit about 750 as he theoretically will get more goals in his 30's than Messi. Then again I'm just an observer who can't predict the future.

blaugrana1987

Messi is historical anomaly when it comes to forward/through ball passes, that is statistically proven. That makes him more likely to be absolute beast in 35th year of age, think Pirlo in Super Saiyan mode. I think if he continues like this, he will pass 700 goals no doubt. Maybe he will reach 800 depending how good he will be in his 30s, but safe to say it doesn't appear that he is any slower then years back. It just seems he is taking care of his body and times his runs, probably instructed by doctors at Barca. No need to waste the greatness on peasant teams, Messi is here for trophy haul.

blaugrana1987

900 is not realistic. The difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo will always play as a 9 in his 30's, scoring headers and being a poacher. Messi has far more talent and therefore will be a great playmaker who plays deeper and deeper as he gets older. I predict around 750 as his final tally. Despite Ronaldo being 2 years older he should also hit about 750 as he theoretically will get more goals in his 30's than Messi. Then again I'm just an observer who can't predict the future.
Ronaldo sucks as 9. He is terribad. He played like that several times this year and greatly disappointed. He needs space infront of him to cut from right, he doesn't work as 9 and never will.

I want him to stay a year or two at Real, and then to go to MLS. I would hate to see him getting easy trophies/goals in Ligue 1 for example.

LordLichtenstein

900 is more realistic than him "only" reaching 750 goals.

Almost all of the biggest players throughout history have had a career of 20+ seasons, the ones that usually stop before that, does so because of injuries or lack of playing time (not being good enough anymore). Messi is a "God figure". A living legend. The best player of all-time. Barcelona will want to keep him for as long as possible and 8 more seasons, which would make it 20 for him, should be the least we should expect, if not more.

So let us assume he will "only" play 8 more seasons with us.

There are still 14-20 games left for him to play this season, he should be able to score 11 more, which then would bring his total to 510 goals.

That leaves us with 240 more goals to be scored over the course of 8 seasons, an average of 30 goals per season.

Do you honestly think, that he will only average 30 goals per season? I mean, really? Let me remind you, he is only turning 29 this summer. Even though Messi tends to play deeper, he still scores just as many goals as Ronaldo.

0dsjB8f.jpg

His goal ratio are at its highest in 3 seasons, what does that tell us? It tells us, that Messi now for the 2nd season in a row, are capable of scoring 60+ goals over the course of a season. This season however, he was injured for two months, so he probably won't reach 60 goals, but will likely top at 50-55.

Messi is showing no signs of slowing down, goalscoring wise and as long as he is showing no signs of that, then he won't be moved back into a midfield position.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
All you guys thinking Messi is going to drop deep and be exclusively a midfielder as he gets older are going to be surprised when Messi is a forward until the day he retires. He'll continue to play ahead and continue to evolve his current role where he dictates where and how he plays depending on the flow of the game.

It doesn't take much speed to play the role he's currently playing and while he might continue to lose the burst and explosiveness as years pass on, he'll replace that with greater emphasis on anticipation, and movement, and of course playmaking. But always from the forward role.

He's going to be scoring a ton of goals until the day he hangs his boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans