10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackaL

You can inform yourselves here https://panamapapers.icij.org/
The Mosack Fonseca company in Panama has also other dealings. The man of main interest is Putin, the leaked documents show a lot of other connections too. Must have been hell of an effort to connect all the dots, but this shit is serious!

Devils

This is terrible....

Global media have painted Icelaands PM, Putin and Messi as the faces of this scandal.

Fuck!

Yannik

El confidential claimed the use for the offshore party was for "setting up a tax fraud network". Owning an offshore company is not a crime per se.

But why would he found an offshore company in Panama? Is he shipping there everytime in his freetime, in some store to sell cigarettes and newspapers to the locals or something?
There is basically no reason for him to own an offshore company, other than the blatantly obvious.
Makes it even worse for him that the leaks are from the customer datebase of Mossack Fonseca, a company that basically does nothing else than founding offshore-companies in tax havens.

JackaL

Offshore companies are main vehicles to avoid taxes and to launder money (drugs, illegal weapon deals etc.) or to hide the beneficial owners of certain bank accounts. It is daily business in wealth management and trust services.

F

Flavia

But why would he found an offshore company in Panama? Is he shipping there everytime in his freetime, in some store to sell cigarettes and newspapers to the locals or something?
There is basically no reason for him to own an offshore company, other than the blatantly obvious.
Makes it even worse for him that the leaks are from the customer datebase of Mossack Fonseca, a company that basically does nothing else than founding offshore-companies in tax havens.

I don't know. It's not looking good, but el confidential had no proof for their claims, and that's why they're suing them. As I said originally, I'll be really disappointed if this is all confirmed, as there's no excuse for Messi not knowing what was going on in 2013.

Devils

There's no point in him saying he didn't know, especially when the documents reveal that he had signed ownership of the offshore company.

"I didn't know" doesn't work when you pen your name on paper.

Yannik

This is terrible....

Global media have painted Icelaands PM, Putin and Messi as the faces of this scandal.

Fuck!

From what I've read the investigations in all those 11.5m documents that have been leaked are still ongoing. ICIJ was just giving a status update on the names they found out so far. The full list might still not be done until the end of the year

NotInHere

Messi is dumb, why on earth wouldn't he inform himself about what he's signing.. He along with father should be held accountable if he is found guilty sadly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why do some of you appear to be so eager to slight Messi when there is no proof of the legitimacy of this so-called Panama Papers?

Can someone explain what is the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion by the way?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't get it, if the file was given to SZ (Germany) and ICIJ (based in Washington DC) in 2015, what took them so long to leak it?

And interestingly no American or German officials and celebrities are implicated. ;)

Yannik

I don't get it, if the file was given to SZ (Germany) and ICIJ (based in Washington DC) in 2015, what took them so long to leak it?

There is no "file", it's a disk, with over 11.5m files (emails, customer data, documents etc) which has been handed to SZ, and ICIJ were analyzing them.
How long would you need to go through all these to compile a list?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

His statement just came out:

[tw]717009473261477888[/tw]

They basically said it's an inactive company, never used, and that it comes from the old societary structure from the previous tax advisors they had.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There is no "file", it's a disk, with over 11.5m files (emails, customer data, documents etc) which has been handed to SZ, and ICIJ were analyzing them.
How long would you need to go through all these to compile a list?

So they are not done processing all the files yet? They released a partial list? More names to come?

Who gave the disk to SZ? And why did they give it to SZ?

What is the relationship between SZ and ICIJ?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is indeed interesting most of what SZ and ICIJ have named in the so-called "Panama Papers" are enemies of the west, with the exception of a few.

I can't help but wondering if there is an agenda behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans