10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1978

This is going to sound (very) petty, but i'm actually annoyed Suarez is taking all the plaudits for the last couple games the way Messi has played, especially tonight.

Suarez' all round play was poor again IMO, all his passes weren't reaching the right man and he rarely ever gets it through to Messi when he's wide open. 1 tap in, 2 pens, and a good fourth, Messi's contribution will be put in the shadow, mainyl because Neymar fluffed everything up.

Why is he also bottling his penalties lately and passing them to Suarez/Neymar?

they want to help Suarez get the pichichi i'm guessing

Ripsta

they want to help Suarez get the pichichi i'm guessing

It's not a recent thing though.

I'm of the opinion Messi is the greatest of all time (at least in my lifetime), but this sort of thing is what made Maradona special too. He didn't shy away when things got tough. Messi misses a few pens and he's palming the responsibility off to others, who also had an earlier track record of missing, looking at you Ney!

JamDav1982

It's not a recent thing though.

I'm of the opinion Messi is the greatest of all time (at least in my lifetime), but this sort of thing is what made Maradona special too. He didn't shy away when things got tough. Messi misses a few pens and he's palming the responsibility off to others, who also had an earlier track record of missing, looking at you Ney!

Its partly that and partly he wants to see ronaldo beaten to the Pichichi.

I think Suarez and Ney have worse penalty records than Messi so giving it up to them is not all about best thing for the team. If Barca get a high pressure pen Messi will be taking it.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
100% they want to stop ronaldo getting Pichichi.

Despite what they say Messi and Ronaldo care about these things.

In a different way though, Messi has 25 .. with all the pens if scored would have had 29 so only 1 behind CR7.

Just realized this as I'm writing actually ...

Messi shying away ? we were winning, and Messi never shied away, even with Argentina he's always the first one to take the pens.

This is has zero link with what you're saying, it's a 100% about helping Suarez get the pichichi.

Which Neymar should have done too by the way, him scoring today from a pen was pointless.

Last edited:

MasChe

This is going to sound (very) petty, but i'm actually annoyed Suarez is taking all the plaudits for the last couple games the way Messi has played, especially tonight.

Suarez' all round play was poor again IMO, all his passes weren't reaching the right man and he rarely ever gets it through to Messi when he's wide open. 1 tap in, 2 pens, and a good fourth, Messi's contribution will be put in the shadow, mainyl because Neymar fluffed everything up.

Why is he also bottling his penalties lately and passing them to Suarez/Neymar?

True, but I don't mind it for 3 reasons:

1. Messi is beyond stats, that's just an extra so some stat fanatics could have some numbers to toss around
2. He is probably happier this way, as he can create freely and be sure there will be someone capable of finishing his masterwork passes.
3. It's Suárez. I LOVE SUÁREZ!

JamDav1982

In a different way though, Messi has 25 .. with all the pens if scored would have had 29 so only 1 behind CR7.

Just realized this as I'm writing actually ...

With Suarez taking them he is three ahead. So better chance him beating Ronaldo.

If roles reversed and Messi was closer to Ronaldo he would have taken pens I think. Or if a pressure pen he takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans