10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total-Football

fucking remember that day like it was yesterday.. carving through real madrid defense like they were a cake.. a blink of eye between busi's pass and the ball hitting the net.. messi 2009 -2012 is the best player ever.. u just can t be better than that ..

Hardy

yeah, he scored more goal in other season but that Messi was simple unstoppable. He had the dynamite in his legs.

dakt

That season....the football we played :worthy: Messi's performance back then :worthy:

...and unicef was in front of the shirt

Ripsta

I'd say Messi between Jan-May in 2015 was arguably better than he was at any point between 2009-12.

Perhaps a little less explosive than he was back then, and his goalscoring stats took a knock (due to Suarez becoming the no.9), but his all round play was on a different level.

That performance against Man City was ridiculous, with a pitch containing Silva, Aguero, Toure, Suarez and Neymar - Messi put them all to shame. Arguably was even better than the 5-0 performance Vs Madrid IMO. Could have had five assists but for Neymar.

J

Jamie Cal

Only right to have my 1000th post in here. It's been incredible to watch this man. Sometimes I watch video compilations of his goals and hate how I could forget some of them, not even in his 91 goals year either. Really loved watching this guying this season, obviously not in April, but in January and February I really soaked in his brilliance.

Long live the king.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
I'd say Messi between Jan-May in 2015 was arguably better than he was at any point between 2009-12.

Perhaps a little less explosive than he was back then, and his goalscoring stats took a knock (due to Suarez becoming the no.9), but his all round play was on a different level.

That performance against Man City was ridiculous, with a pitch containing Silva, Aguero, Toure, Suarez and Neymar - Messi put them all to shame. Arguably was even better than the 5-0 performance Vs Madrid IMO. Could have had five assists but for Neymar.

same. At least for me his dribbling around players at a relaxed pace nowadays is what impresses me with Xavi-like vision and delivery. That's just a complete package. Freshened himself up to make MSN a deadly trio when they choose to be. I understand the nostalgia with Messi's explosive pace back then but we got to realize with Xavi gone and Iniesta too taking a different role it's kind of difficult to have the 2009-2012 Messi. :lol: I'm just happy that Messi is adaptable and somewhat xavi's successor in playmaking.

Ripsta

same. At least for me his dribbling around players at a relaxed pace nowadays is what impresses me with Xavi-like vision and delivery. That's just a complete package. Freshened himself up to make MSN a deadly trio when they choose to be. I understand the nostalgia with Messi's explosive pace back then but we got to realize with Xavi gone and Iniesta too taking a different role it's kind of difficult to have the 2009-2012 Messi. :lol: I'm just happy that Messi is adaptable and somewhat xavi's successor in playmaking.

Messi's 'explosiveness' is a weird one really. Even between 2009 and 2012 he was no way near as flat out like he was when he was 18 years old. Back then he got the ball and first aim was to just run through defenders, see goal Vs Getafe.

After the injury in 2013 people were saying he was becoming lazy, explosiveness gone, lacked interest etc. Then he goes and pulls off that incredible season last year. That goal Vs Bilbao was unreal.

Now he's gone a few games looking similar to how he was at the back end of 2013, same critics out again. The lack of creativity in midfield is going to change Messi's game now, unless it's strengthened in the summer. He'll be back in full force again next year.

SeloBarca

Messi is still good but nowhere near the Messi of 2011. Speed and acceleration has gone down which is natural, hes been playing at extremly high level since 18 and almost never rests.
But his passing is now better, or it has always been that good, only that hes doing it more now.
Hes even said himself he might go down into a midfielder role to prolong his career.

KingLeo10

In terms of achievement, our last season was definitely the best in barca (and european) history. But I have to say, that 10-11 season, our style of play, the values the club represented (home grown players finishing top 3 in ballon d'or!), and the domination imposed upon each and every team that came across us by our pressing and passing won't be matched.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Only right to have my 1000th post in here. It's been incredible to watch this man. Sometimes I watch video compilations of his goals and hate how I could forget some of them, not even in his 91 goals year either. Really loved watching this guying this season, obviously not in April, but in January and February I really soaked in his brilliance.

Long live the king.

Congratulations!

El Flaco

Messi's interview with El Planeta Urbano

Is there any chance of you playing for River or any team other than Newell’s when you return to Argentina?

No, I explained that already. It was comment out of respect, nothing else. If I return to Argentina in the future, which I’d love to do so, that club would be Newell’s.

But you’re about to sign an extension of your contract with Barcelona, is there any hope for the Rosario’s club supporters?

No. As I said before, I don’t know when this will happen or if it’s going to happen at all. Now I’m focused in the day-to-day and if this happens it would be in several years. The truth is I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future so I can’t promise that I will return because that wouldn’t be honest from my part. What I can tell you for sure is that I would love to play again in the Argentinian league with Newell’s but that depends on a lot of factors.

You’re always achieving new sporting records, is it something natural for you?

Thank God I was always able to improve myself and achieve greater goals. I like what I do and I try to improve myself everyday and I only think about playing football. Everything that comes after this, it’s secondary. I enjoy my profession and I try to be better every single day and to keep obtaining the objectives.

Very often it has been said that you’re the best player in the history of the game, how does that make you feel?

Well, actually I don’t think about that. I feel the love and I appreciate it, I’m glad about the nice things that are being said and what I hear about me but as I told you before, I’m focused on enjoying what I like which is to play football and I try to be better each day, to keep learning, to not settle with the things I’ve achieved, to accomplish greater goals without thinking in other distractions. What has been said, it's the people’s comments and I only can be grateful about the nice things they said.

Is it now your main purpose to win the Copa América in the United States?

My purpose is always to win in everything I can, whether with Barcelona or with the national team. I believe this upcoming Copa América is a new chance for us, after being so close in the two last finals, a new chance is upon us which we will try to seize it and we will give our best to win it. It’s the whole squad’s dream which we are battling for even before the World Cup.

How do you see yourself for the next World Cup in Russia?

The fact of thinking about a new World Cup fills me with joy, I’m very grateful with my national team and especially I’m very happy to be part of it. I wish for this to continue for a long time and that we can achieve all the goals we have set up for ourselves.

What do you think is the magic that makes so special and unique Barcelona’s trident?

I think it’s the good relationship among us, not only within the trident members but in the whole locker room. The locker room’s humbleness of doing the work day in and day out and go out and play each match, give our best on each training session, the mindset of always wanting to improve ourselves and achieve great things. They are footballers who have won it all and yet they are still battling with the same drive as if they hadn’t won anything at all and I believe that makes the group stronger. I’m not just talking about the three of us but about the entire squad, I think it’s the most positive aspect and what I remark the most about us: our drive of keep achieving titles and the good environment we live every single day.

https://grup14.com/story/messi-i-d-love-to-play-in-the-argentinian-football-someday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans