10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie

I think the summer could be kinder to Penaldo. Portugal have a very weak group which allows him to rack up his stats with 5 or 6 goals and then a couple more in the knockouts and he's got the golden boot to go with the CL top scorer. Portugal could have a chance as well if they pick the right players.

Argentina have to win the Copa with Messi central to it for him get any fanfare. Especially with it coinciding with the Euros, in what is a very European-centric football culture.

Last edited:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
The ballon as always will be judged by cl with bonus points from the summer copas.
If aguero finally shows up in a big game and city wins the cl he can win it, or muller if bayern win, cristiano for real, griezman could win it if atletico does it. Everyone except cristiano has a decent shot at the copas though while portugal sucks.

Ripsta

I hope Atletico win the CL, means Bayern can't get another treble, City and their oil money don't win it and Real... well, stating the obvious. That leaves Cristiano without a trophy other than his precious European Golden Shoe.

If Messi wins the Copa with Argentina he'll win his sixth. Suarez stll has a good shot though.

aaron101

I really hope he finally wins a Copa America. Argentina have too many chances to win a trophy for last 5 years and they always fall short.

bismp

I think that,unless he wins Copa America,evsn the domestic double may not be enough for the Ballon D'Or

Hardy

some people here seems like lived on another planet in the last years. No matter what Aguero, Muller or others player can win, balon d'or with this system is always a race between Ronaldo and Messi, they are the most popular players in the world and the retard capitans and coach of NT (a majority vote is their) at the end of the year look the stast and the stast are always good for them. Ronaldo won the balon d'or in 2013 without tituli, Messi was second in 2014 in the worst season of his career, last year Ronaldo won nothing and was ranked above Neymar and Suarez with triplete.

So for me is simple:

-Ronaldo win champions-> balon d'or locked.
-Ronaldo win nothing and Messi win liga and copa america-> balon d'or for Messi is locked.

Silas

13010700_620609741430708_3070691439947693661_n.jpg

Mitchell1978

I think the summer could be kinder to Penaldo. Portugal have a very weak group which allows him to rack up his stats with 5 or 6 goals and then a couple more in the knockouts and he's got the golden boot to go with the CL top scorer. Portugal could have a chance as well if they pick the right players.

Argentina have to win the Copa with Messi central to it for him get any fanfare. Especially with it coinciding with the Euros, in what is a very European-centric football culture.

5 or 6 goals in 3 games in the EC-groupfase? Seems very unlikely even with the teams that participate this tournament.

J

Jamie Cal

I hope Atletico win the CL, means Bayern can't get another treble, City and their oil money don't win it and Real... well, stating the obvious. That leaves Cristiano without a trophy other than his precious European Golden Shoe.

If Messi wins the Copa with Argentina he'll win his sixth. Suarez stll has a good shot though.

Atleti, the team who beat us the last 2 times and showed us a ton of disrespect? Kicked the shit out of us, smeared us in the press etc.

Cannot understand it. I'll have Pep win it because they're not direct Liga rivals and because I hate the English's elitist attitude, but I'm not pleased with them winning it either.

klc123

"Extremely cringe worthy" signature ?? Are you sure you support Barça ? :lol:

No mate, what makes me president of the 'I know what's wrong with messi' is the sign my mom made me that says so :wub:

Cheers.

Just because I don't have a poor attempt to sound profound as a signature doesn't mean I'm not a Barca fan.

On topic, it's good to see Messi playing more like himself. I really can't see aguero getting the ballon dor. The only competition for ronaldo and Messi is Suarez.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

Even if he deserved it over Messi, I doubt they'd ever give the Ballon D'or to Suarez. There's too much dirt to his name, and PR is a huge part of it.

I mean Ronaldo had a shit 2015 and still had twice the number of votes Neymar did. As long as Real don't win the CL, it will be Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans