10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie

Yeah, he's really taking on that Xavi role lately. Doing a great job at it, but I would rather get a creative midfielder so he can play closer to the goal again. Our midfield is a joke right now.

Our midfield is basically Messi. Our attack is Suarez. It's what's caused the team to disintegrate in the key weeks of April.

It's Argentina syndrome.

raskolnikov

This is nowhere near goat messi we all know and love but still the best player on the pitch and helped us get the win, thanks Leo!

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I dont think its a stretch, like every athlete at the absolute top level.

I also think that all athletes use drugs and what not but with messi it doesn't really matter.
He's not admired for his stamina, his physique, his strength or his speed(he does have acceleration though), he's admired for his dribbling, passing, finishing and general understanding of the game and these are things that can't be boosted by drugs.

If peds somehow magically vanished from the world I'm pretty sure the only top player that would remain a top player would be messi, unlike a certain orange skinned person.

raskolnikov

I also think that all athletes use drugs and what not but with messi it doesn't really matter.
He's not admired for his stamina, his physique, his strength or his speed(he does have acceleration though), he's admired for his dribbling, passing, finishing and general understanding of the game and these are things that can't be boosted by drugs.

If peds somehow magically vanished from the world I'm pretty sure the only top player that would remain a top player would be messi, unlike a certain orange skinned person.

It can help you go all out and be in beast mode when it matters mode. It doesnt look anywhere near it this year but last year he was dead tired as well and went goatmode after a quick visit to the good doctor.
Football is big business its naive to assume players arent doping, I think most top athletes in all sports are.
But to stay on football, remember Juve in the 90's, many teams in the 80's, hell even Pep was doped up at Brescia.
Look at how Bale transformed from a skinny dude to a tank within a year at Real. Combine it with Fuentes comments and its easy to see how football is also messed up in that regard.

J

Jamie Cal

I wouldn't necessarily say he 'saved' us - in the second half they were backing off him 25 yards from goal, that's just asking to be picked off. Good game again, though.

SeloBarca

This is why messi is forced to play down the middle, because the others suck and can't create anything unless iniesta has a good day, so stop crying about him sitting put on the wing.
It's better when messi is more involved and does stuff like this.

Wish it was possible for messi to pass to himself.

*oh and I'm actually waiting for the marathon poster to tell us how much messi ran today

Thats what ive said, but he should HAVE to do that on his own.
Before he had Xavi to do the work he does now, and Messi could score shitloads of goals instead.
Now he has to do both Xavis work AND score.

I say it again, we need someone that can make those cutthrough passes Xavi did so we can actually attack with 3 strikers not 2, it just makes it so easy for the oponents to defend against.

Last edited:

Total-Football

not convincing at all.. no penetration .. who is supposed to penetrate if messi isnt penetratibg to create numeric superiority.. agaisnt a parked bus you need dribbling to cause some trouble.. only neymar is doing in the team.. that s not enough at all.. today like atletico at the camp nou .. we won thanks to the red card..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans