10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Bet Alba is the one that's most to blame for that. The amount of times through the years he fucked up a pass from Messi that would go straight into the best assists of all time video...

Kerrybai

not convincing at all.. no penetration .. who is supposed to penetrate if messi isnt penetratibg to create numeric superiority.. agaisnt a parked bus you need dribbling to cause some trouble.. only neymar is doing in the team.. that s not enough at all.. today like atletico at the camp nou .. we won thanks to the red card..

Penetrates the opposition with 2 game winning passes.

No penetration? What ..

BarcaVillain

The concern for me isn't his impact on games, I found myself expressing my displeasure just before he played that fantastic ball to Suarez. My issue is that he seems intent on returning to his no.10 playmaker role. He can obviously play there, I just think when he's out on the right hand side, he's able to receive the ball far more often and the cross field pass to Neymar is far more useful. He's earned the right to be able to roam where he sees fit, and he'll be pretty effective wherever he plays. I've just watched a few games back from last season though and him bein out on the right gave us the balance we needed, and stretched the game.

Ritchie

It looks like we're at the stage where we need him to carry the team and that's why we went out to Atleti and blew an 11 point lead in a few games. If he gets shut down, or has a few quiet games, then Barca are shut down. It happened in the first half yesterday where he couldn't get on the ball enough until the second half and Barca had a man advantage. All our chances came through Messi.

We're supposed to have the greatest attack ever, but Messi is at the heart of that. He can't be expected to carry the creativity in midfield as well.

MasChe

While I like this Messi role, away from goal, playmaking, divine passes and all, it is worrying.
it's not him that worries me, but everyone around him, I'm sure no one would mind it as much if the execution was better. But Suárez and Ney tend to complicate sometimes. If you are in the box, every inch of free space matters, just shoot dammit.

Ripsta

It also showed just how badly Xavi is missed. Messi can do anything he wants, and he's better than pretty much everyone at it, but better opposition will cut the space off and strangle his role there. Only have to look what Atletico and Real did.

bismp

Loved that he finally let his beard grow again.He hadn't played unshaven for 3-4 years :p .He looks way more badass this way

Ritchie

It also showed just how badly Xavi is missed. Messi can do anything he wants, and he's better than pretty much everyone at it, but better opposition will cut the space off and strangle his role there. Only have to look what Atletico and Real did.

Atleti did it perfectly at the Calderon and Barca had no answer.

We need a more creative midfielder if we want to make best use of MSN as an attack. The difference last year was we still had Xavi and Iniesta hit top form for the run-in. Now Xavi is gone, Iniesta is older and getting less creative.

If Messi's deeper then we need another top forward.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Atleti did it perfectly at the Calderon and Barca had no answer.

We need a more creative midfielder if we want to make best use of MSN as an attack. The difference last year was we still had Xavi and Iniesta hit top form for the run-in. Now Xavi is gone, Iniesta is older and getting less creative.

If Messi's deeper then we need another top forward.

Yeah, it's clear barca needs someone who can pull the strings, busi is awesome in some regards but not at this, need to find someone to play a double pivot with, instead of 4-1-2-3 a 4-2-1-3 will solve many problems and the best player for that is verratti.

bismp

We play double pivot as Rakitic is our second dm
Yeah our system is more like:
[formation=name.of.the.shirt]
GK
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Pique-0-Masche-0-0
0-0-Raki-Busi-0-0-0
Alves-0- 0-0-Iniesta-0-Alba
0-0-Messi-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-Ney-0
[/formation]

Last edited:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Be that as it may, rocketic also can't provide the same services xavi could or verratti can now.
Need a player that can stay next to busi and be creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans