10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Messi is phenomenal. He didn't get the goals, the assists, the flashy dribbles or anything like that, but he is the engine behind this team. Everything starts with him.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
They either buy a bonafied world class midfielder so that messi can just play on the wing and score a lot again like last season...
Hoping for this one. If the club got to sell their souls, I don't care. Just get some sponsors and money so that we can go for Pogba. He's really needed here. We probably won't be able to buy him this summer as we should, but at least next season we just got to go for it.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

He looked a bit flat but still turned it on at times that were enough to compensate. The other 2 were in form good enough that we were never really needed him for a 'big' moment anyway.

Kohe321

Messi is phenomenal. He didn't get the goals, the assists, the flashy dribbles or anything like that, but he is the engine behind this team. Everything starts with him.
:worthy: how do you express that in numbers and stats?

Exactly. There is so much more to football than numbers and stats, and trying to describe a player solely through this is very reductive. And in the case of Messi, there really couldn't be a better example of just how insufficient this kind of measurement really is. Sure it says a lot, and Messi does dominate most stats in the world of football for a reason, but there's so much more to it. Anyone who has watched football long enough to have a basic understanding of the game will easily see that what Messi does and his influence on the game is very, very special.

Mitchell1978

1/3 of Barca's La Liga titles have come in the 'Messi-era', pretty amazing.
Leading La Liga in assists for the 3e time (tied with Suarez) is also amazing.

Still hoping he plays closer to goal next season, seeing him have so few decent goal scoring chances doesn't feel right.

Before Messi:

La liga:
RM 29-16 Barca

UCL:
RM 9-1 Barca

After Messi:

La Liga:
RM 32-24 Barca

CL:
RM 10-5 Barca

:worthy:

Too bad we won't catch them on either before he retires but we can get pretty damn close. Perhaps Neymar can finish the job.

Last edited:

KiX7777

It hurts my soul when i see Leo in midfield because we can't rely on our midfielders. I want someone like Veratti who can provide him balls in final third.

J

Jamie Cal

It hurts my soul when i see Leo in midfield because we can't rely on our midfielders. I want someone like Veratti who can provide him balls in final third.

Pogba, man. His legs to get around midfield defensively and his diagonals from left to right would make us unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans