10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripsta

Been very quiet in the first half. IMO I think he's starting to struggle on the right wing. Constantly moving central and getting crowded out.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Got dispossessed too many times, but still had some beautiful passes. One that Neymar fucked up as usual.

El Flaco

Messi's great pass to Neymar vs. Granada

[gfy]WeakMinorHammerkop[/gfy]

Alternative angles

[gfy]LastingLeftBelugawhale[/gfy]

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Great pre-assist for the third. Don't know what our team was doing for most of the 2nd half, though.

Total-Football

thank you messi for the magic.. he doesnt play with legs anymore.. he s like fuck off mortals im playing soley using my brain ! haha.. thank you messi for the contributions.. and for being the main man in our success in this beautiful era of barca

Vilarrubi

Honestly we need some new players in midfield so Messi can get closer to the goal, don't get me wrong I love it when he plays deep with those balls over the top etc but I cant remember the last time Rakitic/Iniesta/Busi assisted him or even put him through on goal.. and if there is a recent one its not often enough!

Anyway happy with the win, now lets go win the Copa!!!!!

Ritchie

Honestly we need some new players in midfield so Messi can get closer to the goal, don't get me wrong I love it when he plays deep with those balls over the top etc but I cant remember the last time Rakitic/Iniesta/Busi assisted him or even put him through on goal.. and if there is a recent one its not often enough!

It's up to Messi to create. He's having to do the job the midfield should be doing.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Great first half, average second .. still creates the "yeah we got diz" goal to make us relax :)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around

Agree. There was a great example of this in the 2nd half when Messi had plenty of space and had started his run, but Iniesta hesitated as usual with the long ball. This is where the decline to our midfield and Iniesta really becomes obvious. Like you said, the consequence is that Messi has to drop deep to do the creator job himself.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
The club is now in a pivotal position regarding messi.

They either buy a bonafied world class midfielder so that messi can just play on the wing and score a lot again like last season or they start integrating him in the midfield looking towards the next few years, sort of how he played in the last few months, more centrally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans