10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nice find luft. Doesn't appear to be on the official store so I was.worried it wouldn't be sold.

Yeah, for some reason our official store has much fewer selections (in terms of the variety of products) than places like Subsidesports, Kitbag etc. But most of the proceeds should go to our club no matter where you buy them so keep buying, buddy!

:barcascarf:

Sunny Mir

messi-bus-rua-june-2015-twitter1-480x318.jpg

ejuventus

Who do you have in mind ?
Cruijff, Platini and Zidane above all ........ players who dominated with their play entire tournament for nations, beside Maradona who didn't show enough in his clubs

It's not question of the goal missed in Final vs Germany.....it's question that Messi's level of game along the tournaments has never been excellent, both in World or America Cups. It's too important an international consacration to be considered the best player.

But he's got still time

Hahaha, the salt is real.
Messi is the best ever and you need only to look how he plays to come to that conclusion, no one else comes close.

as I said, after this year, I can state that Messi is the best player ever for football club.
He deserves that. What an honour.

But, to be considered the best ever overall he missed an international consacration.
That's it.
Take it easy

Ask argentian people about it

Last edited:

Drexl

He was brilliant at the 2010 WC and the 2011 Copa, just look at the game, not goal scorers.
Zidane... :lol: Okay, let it be. The most overrated player ever. Two header flukes in the final and a legend made.

King Leo

Banned
Cruijff, Platini and Zidane above all ........ players who dominated with their play entire tournament for nations, beside Maradona who didn't show enough in his clubs

It's not question of the goal missed in Final vs Germany.....it's question that Messi's level of game along the tournaments has never been excellent, both in World or America Cups. It's too important an international consacration to be considered the best player.

But he's got still time

Give me a break. Messi in 2014 was by far the most dangerous and valuable player in the tournement. As for his contributions to the Argentina NT during 7 games? well watch carefully the games again like a I did, and you'll see how he was guarded like Juve did in the final BUT he managed to score crazy goals taking Argentina to the final. Germany was the greatest team in the tournement but had Messi scored from that 1-1 on Neuer, you and I would be having a very different discussion right now.

Maradona was GREAT in 86 and did very well in 90 but I really think at times that Messi is up there now and he's not done yet. GOAT really is well deserved for Messi.
last Zidane, Cruijff, Platini legends but no GOAT.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Talking about Cruyff, then he never won a WC or Euro.

Zidane's club career is not remotely close to Messi's.

I'd say only Zidane and Maradona did more for their respective NTs, not cruyff, not Platini.

And those performances represent a huge, huge chunk of their legacy today, whereas Messi accomplished so much more at club level.

Zidane scored that brace in 1998, otherwise he was excellent but nowhere near legend status. He wasn't better in the 1998 group stages than Messi was in 2010.
2006 was a different story, but Messi wasn't that far in 2014, guy was directly involved in almost every goal of Argentina but still gets shat on, James was better, Neymar was better, Muller was better, POgba was better... :lol:

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
International tournaments like the WC don't have the same quality as they did back then. In fact, the CL has much more quality these days IMO.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I'd say only Zidane and Maradona did more for their respective NTs, not cruyff, not Platini.

And those performances represent a huge, huge chunk of their legacy today, whereas Messi accomplished so much more at club level.

Zidane scored that brace in 1998, otherwise he was excellent but nowhere near legend status. He wasn't better in the 1998 group stages then Messi was in 2010.
2006 was a different story, but Messi wasn't that far in 2014, guy was directly involved in almost every goal of Argentina but still gets shat on, James was better, Neymar was better, Muller was better, POgba was better... :lol:

I was too young in 1998 to have an opinion about Zidane's WC, but from what I've heard, Zidane had a mediocre tournament back then.

Not mediocre, that's just retrospective history adjusting the standards (Messi of course suffers the most from this)
Zidane was hailed as the world's best player after the tournament and yes, through that hyped lens, his tournament was mediocre outside of the final. He got red carded in the quarters and missed the semis, so...

But yea 2006 was infinitely better than 1998 for him, the best all around world cup performance I've ever seen (I've seen 5)

Jombi

Zidane's 2006 WC was highly overrated IMO. It was a case of exceeding the low expectations ppl had of him IMO. He had a crap season with RM, was 34 years old, and ppl were surprised that he still were able to play pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans