10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane121

Banned
Yea, that's the problem. People treat losing in a final like they've been eliminated in the group stage. Imagine Messi and Argentina being eliminated in the WC group stage like Ronaldo and his Portugal.

Finals are great to play. Sure, winning is the best feeling, but nobody can have it all. Sport is never about perfection.

Maybe it would've been better to be eliminated in the group stages rather than lose 3 finals, because the loss is harder to take in the final, that's the worst place to lose. We haven't seen Ronaldo saying he wants to retire from the NT, infact he's said he wants to play until the 2022 WC in Qatar and retire then.

Stric

People forget that losing a final means winning the silver medal.

Silver medal > everything else except gold

Yet the players who don't win medals at all don't get criticized.

Imagine if you were watching alpine skiing and your country's skier wins 2nd place, climbs the pedestal and receives the silver medal. He does this three years in a row. And then retires from skiing at his best age because of constant criticism for failure. Meanwhile dozens of other skiers are rated higher than him for not winning anything. Sounds pretty fucking stupid, doesn't it?

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Messi had double curse:

-the curse of the biggest choke artist of all time Gonzalo Higuain
-the curse of Tata Martino, the only manager that won nothing with Messi for club and country

Strong curse, I even doubt players like Pele and Maradona combined could break that curse

jairzinho

Messi aside, everything went according to script last night, as far as Argentina being in a final is concerned. Higuain missed a simple one v one. Di Maria went missing, never showed up. He wasn't even in the final last time around, if i remember correctly. What did Kun do ?. Such a shame. I think after he's had some time to reflect, he will have a change of heart.

George_Costanza

People forget that losing a final means winning the silver medal.

Silver medal > everything else except gold

Yet the players who don't win medals at all don't get criticized.

Imagine if you were watching alpine skiing and your country's skier wins 2nd place, climbs the pedestal and receives the silver medal. He does this three years in a row. And then retires from skiing at his best age because of constant criticism for failure. Meanwhile dozens of other skiers are rated higher than him for not winning anything. Sounds pretty fucking stupid, doesn't it?

I think if I was an Olympic athlete, I would rather come in last than win the silver, if you think about it. You know, you win the gold, you feel good. You win the bronze, you think, well, at least I got something. But you win that silver, that’s like congratulations, you almost won. Of all the losers, you came in first of that group.

You’re the number one loser.

— Jerry Seinfeld

[youtube]xK9rbwM3omA[/youtube]

Last edited:

Ripsta

Always his team mates. Imagine if Burruchaga missed his chance in the final and Argentina lost back in 1986... Where Maradona had him, Messi and Argentina have Higuain, the biggest bottle job in football.

Devils

It's always better to achieve something than to achieve nothing.

I don't understand how you could possibly argue against that. Messi is a 3x Copa America Finalist and a World Cup Finalist. That's better than not being a finalist at all.

hardyboy

This is just so depressing. I don't feel like getting off from my bed... I feel emotionally drained like nothing left inside me. Never felt like this before. I can't imagine what Messi must be going through.

Badger

This is just so depressing. I don't feel like getting off from my bed... I feel emotionally drained like nothing left inside me. Never felt like this before. I can't imagine what Messi must be going through.

I think someone needs to get a grip. :lol: It's not like he died for fuck sake.

Last edited:

Devils

Good old :bartomeu: must be smiling and rubbing his hands in glee at the thought of having Messi fresh at the start of every season now and making it easier to cover the incompetence of him and his board.

:bartomeu:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Good old :bartomeu: must be smiling and rubbing his hands in glee at the thought of having Messi fresh at the start of every season now and making it easier to cover the incompetence of him and his board.

:bartomeu:

Imagine the turn out at pre season games if Messi is available for all of them. :bartomeu:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Good ol' Barto should be worried about Messi's motivation like the rest of us. What's gonna keep him going? He has won absolute everything you can win on club level several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans