10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

I'm worried Messi might do a Eric Cantona and retire from all football in other year or 2, it's possible if he's going to really retire from the NT at this age, he's won it all at Barca too nothing left to win.

Totti & Scholes both retired from NT at same age.both played too long

ATLBarcaFan

Felt so bad for him last night, you could tell how much he wanted this and to fail must be just devastating for him. He absolutely gives it his all for Argentina. Damn you Higuain

Zidane121

Banned
I truly hope that Messi doesn't reverse his decision. Enough is enough!

For a player like him, 29 is too young to retire from the NT, especially with a WC just in another 2 years, and this tournament wasn't that important, heck Neymar isn't even playing in it, Suarez and Uruguay out group stages, so I think Messi shouldn't be too sad. The WC is the only trophy missing from his collection, he's won everything at club level, so really needs to reverse the decision I think. Messi could play another 2 world cups, he'll be 35 in 2022 Qatar.

Hardy

Honestly i don't want that Messi be reminded like a quitter. Hope will change idea. The best scenario is Messi continues with a new core with other choker players retired. If dosn't change his mind in the future could have regrets

Zidane121

Banned
Honestly i don't want that Messi be reminded like a quitter. Hope will change idea. The best scenario is Messi continues with a new core with other choker players retired. If dosn't change his mind in the future could have regrets

Yeah it's bad that he might be remembered like this, I mean ronaldo and portugal fail every tournament out group stages nowhere near the final, but even so Ronaldo didn't quit the NT, kept trying and still trying in Euro 2016, he said he wants to play till 2022 WC with portugal.

Stric

It would truly be a shame if his NT career ended so abruptly and so scandalously after a tournament as irrelevant as the CA Centenario. Besides, he's only 29. No reason for him to retire.

raskolnikov

He will change his mind eventually and win them the world cup. This was just an emotional decision right after a third heartbreaking defeat where he will blame himself for pulling a Baggio.
Add all the problems with the FA and its understanding. Let him sleep on it for a month and focus on Barca. Think he needs it since I have never seen him so destroyed, not even against Chelsea or when they lost the wc final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans