10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1978

what you are saying i get slayed for saying .. that's why i put on the signature " kilomters matter " underneath .. to save myself the energy of debating with emotional driven people about rational things .. like how running constantly offer more possibilites going forward and deny the opponent a lot of possibilities when pressing .. Messi is the most gifted footballer in the world .. the only reason Ronaldo score more nowdays is that messi don't bother moving a lot ..

No it's because Messi plays from deeper now and there's more focus on creating , like someone has already said Messi never had a great workrate. Anyway decent to good game.

RMU ReBorn

13921168_1074732639281415_3347049076304194198_n.jpg

RMU ReBorn

what you are saying i get slayed for saying .. that's why i put on the signature " kilomters matter " underneath .. to save myself the energy of debating with emotional driven people about rational things .. like how running constantly offer more possibilites going forward and deny the opponent a lot of possibilities when pressing .. Messi is the most gifted footballer in the world .. the only reason Ronaldo score more nowdays is that messi don't bother moving a lot ..

Ronaldo is scoring more because Messi is not a False 9 any more.Not because of your freaking work rate theory

SeloBarca

Messi isnt as dazzling fast as before either, but its to be expected.
He has never had that huge workrate, but its easier to spot now when he plays deeper.

ini4ever

His workrate is bad and he often just doesn't arrive in the box, that's one of the reasons he doesn't have a lot of easy chances with Barca.

It's not like that imo, when he starts the attack, he always runs towards the box area, it'll be either missed/scored or the ball will get back to Messi. Or if someone else sets up the attack he'll often make it himself into the box
Btw he's 29 , he obviously can't do that many times.

JamDav1982

Not quite sure what it is yet but looks like Lucho might be tweaking the tactics a bit get Messi more central.

Denis was combining with Vidal at RB more as opposed to Messi and Alves in the past.

Total-Football

today he looked sharper than the first game thought .. sublim passes but i don't even feel like complimenting his passing at this stage.. unreal footballer

SocalBarcaFan

Unless you're just a Messi fan does it really matter who actually scores the goals? He still has it in him it's just I think both him and Lucho realize how great of a playmaker he is. And with the other quality finishers we have it makes sense.

I was curious about something. Why haven't assists always been counted throughout the history of football? Or at least counted accurately? Cause I think Messi is primed to break whatever the record is for most assists in a season. There's going be multiple games this year where he gets a hat trick of assists

RMU ReBorn

Yes--the tactical change accounts for most of the disparity. But surely you don't mean work rate doesn't matter?
what is work rate , running like stray dog for useless tapins and sneak in's against hopeless opponent's when the game is already done and dusted ?? if so Yes Ronaldo's work rate is phenomenal ,he does lot of that .. No one need's to tell Messi to run extra yards every single match. By playing like this he has helped Barcelona Win 28 trophy's . Are you happy with that or you just wanna Messi to run behind every thing and get exhausted .

LordLichtenstein

To be honest, I would love for Messi to contribute more in the pressing game.

9/10 of our players runs tirelessly after the ball, when the opponent got it, all except Messi. Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans