10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomar1o

Has he ever looked this fat?

since this is messi's thread i assume you said this about messi. in my opinion he's in a great shape. he's actually skinnier than some of his previous seasons and he's def not fat or overweight, he might be in his ideal shape.

F

Flavia

Has he ever looked this fat?

Fat?

1lulxf6.jpg

ZkTLMiQ.jpg

RMU ReBorn

It looks complex even from above....I cannot imagine how it looks from his POV. Chess game.
He gave similar one in classico to villa. That was even Insane ,given the fact that he dribbled past three Rm player's and then Split two defenders to deliver that assist .

SeloBarca

Said it before but i wonder if we cant try to build our team with Messi as à "false" freeroaming AM and get someone else to play Rw instead. Yes i Know about his defensive work but right now hes by far far the best playmaker in the world, maybe even at Xavi lvl. Were basicly playing 4-4-2 with Iniesta-Messi-Raki as it is now anyways and sometimes, even with messis brilliance, only having 2 attackers limits our attacking strength making it easier just to defend Ney and Suarez instead of all 3

Mitchell1978

Said it before but i wonder if we cant try to build our team with Messi as à "false" freeroaming AM and get someone else to play Rw instead. Yes i Know about his defensive work but right now hes by far far the best playmaker in the world, maybe even at Xavi lvl. Were basicly playing 4-4-2 with Iniesta-Messi-Raki as it is now anyways and sometimes, even with messis brilliance, only having 2 attackers limits our attacking strength making it easier just to defend Ney and Suarez instead of all 3

A 4-2-3-1 with Messi as a nr 10 right behind suarez seems more logical then a 4-4-2 imo. It might be worth looking into.

Mitchell1978

I was curious about something. Why haven't assists always been counted throughout the history of football? Or at least counted accurately? Cause I think Messi is primed to break whatever the record is for most assists in a season. There's going be multiple games this year where he gets a hat trick of assists

Who knowes why assists were never counted properly before 2000 to 2005 when they started recording assists properly.
His record for most assists in a season is 29 in all club competitions and 34 for club and country (both 2011-12 season) i think only Özil and Xavi have had seasons with those kind of assist-numbers

Recently i had a look at career-assists numbers for all big players over the last 20 years or so, only Henry still has more career assists then Messi and Messi is close to that number already.

KINGAR

To be honest, I would love for Messi to contribute more in the pressing game.

9/10 of our players runs tirelessly after the ball, when the opponent got it, all except Messi. Why is that?
Sorry for my bad English. I just created account to answer this question because people here keep complaining about his running and pressing for years. First of all Messi doesn't run much since.. forever. And he will never change. The only time he was running and pressing more was when he was very young,hungry and willing to prove himself. Tell me just one player right now that runs more than Messi and is better and more useful than him? Well there is none. He offers so many other things that are better than running. I don't think lazy is the right word for him because in my opinion hes not lazy. Every time when he is injured there are reports about him training and staying all day(even in his day offs) in the sporting center just to get better faster and many times when he is not injured he cut his vacations to join the team. It's just not in his qualities to run as much as other players. I will give Ronaldo as example. He is scoring goals because he runs all the time to get in good position. Take his running off and he won't be able to score goals(ok he will score with his head few goals but you get what i mean). He can't take 1v1s, he can't dribble past 3+ players like Messi, he can't make passes like Messi .. basically he is obliged to run if he wants to offer something. Im almost sure that if there was another player with qualities like Messi and won the same amount of trophies like him he would walk on the pitch too. Anyway just because some players can run for 90 mins and press like crazy doesn't mean he can do it too maybe he doesn't have much energy. If he is exhausted and his other abilities are suffering because of that .. well its not worth for him to run as much then. I'm not saying that running is totally overrated .. we need some players to run and press but Messi is not one of them. Barcelona can always sell Messi and buy someone from EPL who runs all the time. Would that make us stronger? Obviously not

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah Thierry Henry got awful number of direct assists.... Ozil beat it last year I think, for a single season in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans