10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

14183939_1108650155889663_7054107201684391060_n.png.jpg

Quite often it feels like the developrs go like:
"Hmm, we gotta lower some of the other stats or this player becomes to good overall"

Seriously. Ronaldo might have a harder shot, better in air, better in defence, higher workrate and faster straight forward.
But Messi is better or far better in everything else. Ronaldo is piss poor in passing, dribbling in tight spaces and his accuracy is really bad.
Messi should have 94 or 95 in passing .59 in strength? Messis strength is part off what makes him so hard to disposess.

Last edited:

doublehh03

The fucking greatest. It's crazy just how much better he is than everyone else in the world right now.

He's a different animal to six or seven years ago, less explosive yes, but I think he's now an even better player, his passing is quite frankly ridiculous.

I think he has adapted his role. Before the team had a GOAT midfield with prime Xavi/Iniesta and rising Busquets generating plays from there so he can focus on scoring. Now the team has elite goal scorers in Suarez and Neymar but lacking creativity in midfield, he's now the link up. I think he could still score nearly as much if he wanted to, but doesn't b/c he doesn't play as close to goal.

But we are able to see his entire game b/c of the role change.

Total-Football

Quite often it feels like the developrs go like:
"Hmm, we gotta lower some of the other stats or this player becomes to good overall"

Seriously. Ronaldo might have a harder shot, better in air, better in defence, higher workrate and faster straight forward.
But Messi is better or far better in everything else. Ronaldo is piss poor in passing, dribbling in tight spaces and his accuracy is really bad.
Messi should have 94 or 95 in passing .59 in strength? Messis strength is part off what makes him so hard to disposess.

lol even in those things mentioned Messi is actually better .. Messi is faster especially during the first five meters ( better acceleration ) .. messi's shot is more powerful because he only needs a step to shoot with power wheareas Ronaldo needs to charge from at least 4 meters . Both players have poor workrate .. Messi is miles ahead in defensive work ( just travel in time to 2005 , he snatched the ball from Fucking Robben ) the only aspect i might put Ronaldo ahead of messi is heading the ball .. that's basically it !

El Flaco

[youtube]/watch?v=oWDjWE_qUfo[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=QmfDEF7hEPs[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=P9WszT2h6AQ[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=iSfZ25Jv5IM[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=4yhuIYdKdYs[/youtube]

He's been nothing but freaking fantastic this season - as usual.

Really want to this international break to end up so we can continue to watch his great performance for us.

Last edited:

KiX7777

Most successful dribbles in the last 6 Champions League seasons:

Messi (295)
Hazard (159)
Ronaldo (145)
Ribéry (144)
Iniesta (142)

Horatio

You're welcome
Seriously. Ronaldo might have a harder shot, .

Stat shouldnt be that hıgh though because he takes so many opportunıtıes to convert one. Lıke you saıd hıs accuracy ın shots has gone down and ıt should translate to a lower SHO stat.

Sorin

[youtube]/watch?v=oWDjWE_qUfo[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=QmfDEF7hEPs[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=P9WszT2h6AQ[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=iSfZ25Jv5IM[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=4yhuIYdKdYs[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=HaqPo1Am-K0[/youtube]

He's been nothing but freaking fantastic this season - as usual.

Really want to this international break to end up so we can continue to watch his great performance for us.

Freaking fantastic!! He was born the perfect footballer. Injured Messi is still so far ahead of everyone else in the world it's laughable. He constantly makes other superstars look like average players.

SeloBarca

lol even in those things mentioned Messi is actually better .. Messi is faster especially during the first five meters ( better acceleration ) .. messi's shot is more powerful because he only needs a step to shoot with power wheareas Ronaldo needs to charge from at least 4 meters . Both players have poor workrate .. Messi is miles ahead in defensive work ( just travel in time to 2005 , he snatched the ball from Fucking Robben ) the only aspect i might put Ronaldo ahead of messi is heading the ball .. that's basically it !

Nah i think Ronaldo shoots harder, but much worse accuracy.
Ronaldo is faster running straight forward without the ball, much slower with it. Messi is much quicker in acceleration and direction changing both wih and without.
Ronaldo runs more during a game but not by much, avarage 1km more per game. Messi walks around alot and bursts.
Messi is better at intercepting, but hardly ever runs back to defend the goal.

Stat shouldnt be that hıgh though because he takes so many opportunıtıes to convert one. Lıke you saıd hıs accuracy ın shots has gone down and ıt should translate to a lower SHO stat.
Definatly. Ronaldos shot stat is to high considering his accuracy. His dribbling is way to high, he can do his overstep that fails 50% of the time, and thats pretty much it.

Last edited:

NotInHere

Don't really keep up with a lot of Football like some of you, have you guys seen a player recently you can say, he's the next big thing and can be as good as Messi in the near future? Only one that I have in mind is Neymar with Brazil, he has a lot of impact there like Messi does with Barca, while Neymars impact with Barcelona is not to be taken granted for, I feel like Leos impact is still greater, but Neymar showed he can be the man also when Leo was out, not trying to undervalue Neymar with Barca don't get me wrong.

Everytime I think about how Messi is still dribbling past people, assisting his teammates, and being the motm of the majority of the games, I say to myself how can Messi have this mindset every single game.. Amazing how consistent he is, Cristiano deserves props in that regard also, it's not his fault he isn't as good as Messi, but his constant hunger for goals is to be noticed too.

Can Neymar be better than what version of Messi?

JamDav1982

Don't really keep up with a lot of Football like some of you, have you guys seen a player recently you can say, he's the next big thing and can be as good as Messi in the near future? Only one that I have in mind is Neymar with Brazil, he has a lot of impact there like Messi does with Barca, while Neymars impact with Barcelona is not to be taken granted for, I feel like Leos impact is still greater, but Neymar showed he can be the man also when Leo was out, not trying to undervalue Neymar with Barca don't get me wrong.

Everytime I think about how Messi is still dribbling past people, assisting his teammates, and being the motm of the majority of the games, I say to myself how can Messi have this mindset every single game.. Amazing how consistent he is, Cristiano deserves props in that regard also, it's not his fault he isn't as good as Messi, but his constant hunger for goals is to be noticed too.

Can Neymar be better than what version of Messi?

Neymar is not as good as Messi but in my opinion he is by far the closest thing in terms of all round game - goals/passing etc and he revelled in that role when Messi was out injured.

There will never be anyone to fully compare to Messi though.

Names like Dybala get banded about as a replacement but he is nowhere close to Neymar or able to play the Messi type all round attacking game.

NotInHere

Neymar is not as good as Messi but in my opinion he is by far the closest thing in terms of all round game - goals/passing etc and he revelled in that role when Messi was out injured.

There will never be anyone to fully compare to Messi though.

Names like Dybala get banded about as a replacement but he is nowhere close to Neymar or able to play the Messi type all round attacking game.
Agreed with you JamDav, whenever you watch Neymar you can totally see he has the all around tools to be a worthy Messi replacement, maybe not as good, but a good replacement nonetheless.

I just hate how people try to downplay Leos achievements when they say this era of Football is weak due to the lack of stars out there or defenders like Nesta/Maldini.

Or the classic, Messi can't do the things he does with Barca when he plays for Argentina. I also don't get the fascination with Dybala, many people are trying to make him the next big Argentinian player, but he is far below Leos level tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans