10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Where does it say it might need surgery? Of course it's a gamble, but if you're tough and careful in specific situations on the pitch you can play through it without aggravating it. He can get a shot or swallow some pills, that's what they do in the NFL to keep playing. He needs to be a warrior. Barca need him now. Play him from the start today where we need him in order to keep up with Real Madrid, and then rest him against Celtic, which would have given him a week before Leganés. I do agree though with the Lucho part though, which I've also mentioned in the Luis Enrique thread.

There's no need to risk aggravating his injury, with the squad Barça have. Messi doesn't need to play with pain, or on pills, those are absurd claims. The liga won't be decided now.

Wick

There's no need to risk aggravating his injury, with the squad Barça have. Messi doesn't need to play with pain, or on pills, those are absurd claims. The liga won't be decided now.

I think, evidently, there is a need to do that. Of course if he risk are very high, then maybe not, but it isn't, because otherwise he wouldn't even had played today.
Maybe he doesn't need that, but Barca need him to do that. That's not absurd at all. That's asking to make a sacrifice and be a warrior. Then he would get rest for a week.

F

Flavia

I think, evidently, there is a need to do that. Of course if he risk are very high, then maybe not, but it isn't, because otherwise he wouldn't even had played today.
Maybe he doesn't need that, but Barca need him to do that. That's not absurd at all. That's asking to make a sacrifice and be a warrior. Then he would get rest for a week.

Or his injury would get worse and we'd lose him for a bigger period of time. It is absurd to want a player to play injured. There's Neymar, Suarez and others to play while he recovers. Barça outplayed rm at the bernabeu without Messi, last season.

Wick

Or his injury would get worse and we'd lose him for a bigger period of time. It is absurd to want a player to play injured. There's Neymar, Suarez and others to play while he recovers. Barça outplayed rm at the bernabeu without Messi, last season.

He did play today. He played 1/3 of the match. If he was that injured or there was that much risk of aggravating his injury, they wouldn't have played him at all. This was Lucho trying to be cute instead of doing what he should have done: start Messi. Maybe that was risk, but evidently not enough risk to not play him at all.

You're right, but that was plenty of matches into the season. We had rhythm without Leo and as I recall it wasn't after the international break. Neymar and Suarez have also just arrived with few trainings after international break, with the former not even having played for Barca in forever. Context is much different. We badly needed Leo from the start in this one. If he can sacrifice himself and be a warrior for Argentina (i.e. playing in the Uruguay match), then he needs to do the same for Barca.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

He did play today. He played 1/3 of the match. If he was that injured or there was that much risk of aggravating his injury, they wouldn't have played him at all. This was Lucho trying to be cute instead of doing what he should have done: start Messi. Maybe that was risk, but evidently not enough risk to not play him at all.

You're right, but that was plenty of matches into the season. We had rhythm without Leo and as I recall it wasn't after the international break. Neymar and Suarez have also just arrived with few trainings after international break, with the former not even having played for Barca in forever. Context is much different. We badly needed Leo from the start in this one. If he can sacrifice himself and be a warrior for Argentina (i.e. playing in the Uruguay match), then he needs to do the same for Barca.

He shouldn't had played for argentina, and he really should not do the same for Barça. Risking losing him for an extended period of time is not worth 3 points in september.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Poor Leo. Has to be forced like this against puny Alaves at Camp Nou.

I want to see [MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20741]Total-Football[/MENTION] speak up now about how "we don't need him anymore with this squad" ..

F*cking hell, never been so sad to see him coming in, Lucho screws up, Neyboy is a noshow, but hey, injured Messi come here, go you have 15minutes to save us .. :facepalm:

Grrrrrr.

Total-Football

This loss has nothing to do with Neymar nor Messi .. with this ridiculous squad he has , it's more difficult to loose than to win .. somehow Luis Enrique managed to pull out a loss . I have 2 things to say about today :

1- why didn't he start with Messi and Suarez , kill the game with a 3 quick goals and keep jogging the rest of the game ?

2- If playing Messi and Suarez was such a risk , then how the fuck is playing them while trailing the score ( which means intensive physical effort ) is not even more riskking ?

I respect the decision if it's in favor of protecting the players , but i also respect the consistency , if you are so confident winning with a proven liability like Arda and a new comer upront , then have some balls and keep the formation , don't insult our brains with those ridiculous substitutions risking those players like that.

so no [MENTION=19697]Vlom[/MENTION] .. this loss is nobody's fault but the manager , neymar didn't play as usual but to pin it on him is just Bs .. I rarely blame defeat on managers but this time it's too obvious

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
This loss has nothing to do with Neymar nor Messi .. with this ridiculous squad he has , it's more difficult to loose than to win .. somehow Luis Enrique managed to pull out a loss . I have 2 things to say about today :

1- why didn't he start with Messi and Suarez , kill the game with a 3 quick goals and keep jogging the rest of the game ?

2- If playing Messi and Suarez was such a risk , then how the fuck is playing them while trailing the score ( which means intensive physical effort ) is not even more riskking ?

I respect the decision if it's in favor of protecting the players , but i also respect the consistency , if you are so confident winning with a proven liability like Arda and a new comer upront , then have some balls and keep the formation , don't insult our brains with those ridiculous substitutions risking those players like that.

so no [MENTION=19697]Vlom[/MENTION] .. this loss is nobody's fault but the manager , neymar didn't play as usual but to pin it on him is just Bs .. I rarely blame defeat on managers but this time it's too obvious

proven liability like Arda? Did you even watch the game? Arda was the only one making something happen the whole game. FYI Arda has been involved in most of Barca's goals this season

gasgas

I want to see [MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20741]Total-Football[/MENTION] speak up now about how "we don't need him anymore with this squad" ..

F*cking hell, never been so sad to see him coming in, Lucho screws up, Neyboy is a noshow, but hey, injured Messi come here, go you have 15minutes to save us .. :facepalm:

Grrrrrr.

We don't need him with this squad

Yesterday the problem was not his absence

F

Flavia

We don't need him with this squad

Yesterday the problem was not his absence
Again with this bs? Of course we need him with this squad. Any team would need the best player ever. I really don't get Barça "fans" who diss Messi.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
When will someone at barca realise that messi needs a week or two of rest after any international break.
Then again, things like anoeta last year, or yesterday's alaves happen and you see that barca is still in messidepencia mode, but that's down to the coach, the team is good enough to beat alaves without messi.

F

Flavia

hRbiF1F.jpg

Mateo's 1st b-day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans