10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Will miss "only" three games during those three weeks and won't have to travel to South America. On the bad side, our next three games are all away from home and very important ones.

SahanBarca

Will miss "only" three games during those three weeks and won't have to travel to South America. On the bad side, our next three games are all away from home and very important ones.

We'll beat Gijon easily . Gladbach isn't important game . Celta vigo can be a threat

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know Messi insists on playing, but this is where the medical team and the management should grow a pair. It's his groin which been troubling him the last few weeks. Should have made him rest it out instead of tempting fate every week with him having discomfort all the time.

High risk, low reward. Didn't need him against Alaves, Celtic and Leganes.

Total-Football

I think we always play as a team when Messi is absent, but when he plays we become automatically Messi-dependent.

Messi not tracking back disbalance our midfield because they have to move away from their initial position to fill the gap, while when he's absent everybody maintain their position without problems .. and we press as a mass.

KiX7777

On the bright side, he will get rest and he will get fully 100% fit and pain free. He will rip this season apart, he started great.

He did not train on Sunday because of groin so it has been bothering him for a while. I am glad that it will be sorted out and that he could return to playing without any worries

dakt

I don't see any problems with him taking short absence/rest, since with the players we have, we shouldn't despair against any team.

KiX7777

Just seen it is other leg. Win-win situation. Left (bothered him last few weeks) and right will heal fully. He will be great once he returns.

He will not miss one home match which is great. Two home games once he returnes.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Groin/abductor injury is very tricky and can take a long time to heal, again it was what ailed Kaka and Robben for a long time. They'd better take this very seriously, otherwise there will be relapses, guaranteed.

On the other hand, we need to learn to play without Messi. Today's game felt completely different after Messi was subbed off, as if we didn't know how to play any more. Neymar and Suarez need to step up and lead. Even if he is only out for the next three games, all three are tricky, especially the one against Gladbach and Celta. We can't afford to lose more points.

F

Flavia

If Bauza calls him, this time Barto and Lucho better not let him go. Messi can pout as much as he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans