10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Won't happen. They're playing Peru and Paraguay next month and should be fine without him. Last time he probably felt like he had to go as he was making his comeback, plus that they were playing Uruguay.

KiX7777

He needs to recover in Barcelona, travelling would just get him tired. I reckon that he could play even this weekend but that doctors advised him to take rest and let it heal properly so he could be on fire again.

KingLeo10

Groin/abductor injury is very tricky and can take a long time to heal, again it was what ailed Kaka and Robben for a long time. They'd better take this very seriously, otherwise there will be relapses, guaranteed.

On the other hand, we need to learn to play without Messi. Today's game felt completely different after Messi was subbed off, as if we didn't know how to play any more. Neymar and Suarez need to step up and lead. Even if he is only out for the next three games, all three are tricky, especially the one against Gladbach and Celta. We can't afford to lose more points.

the team does know how to play without messi, suarez and neymar and co were destroying everyone last year including real without him. the tricky situation arises when he is subbed out of a game, the team can't immediately adjust to cover for the influence messi normally has on games.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
the team does know how to play without messi, suarez and neymar and co were destroying everyone last year including real without him. the tricky situation arises when he is subbed out of a game, the team can't immediately adjust to cover for the influence messi normally has on games.

Yeah, I hope this is the case. What concerns me the most when we play without Messi is the lack of creativity.

blastandburn

Won't it the perfect time for the other lads to show creativity? Luis Enrique had a lot of conviction when he said "With Messi we are stronger, but we will continue being strong."

Hopefully, he won't be all talk.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Unlucky tonight. Feel for him.

We gotta take this slow. Big, big picture: we should have enough to get through everyone we face without him besides City. Way I see it, even if we drop points against City, I'd rather him be 100% recovered when he comes back than rush him back for City. We could make it up later this winter and we cannot afford to have him battling with this all season.

Players gotta step up now.

slvtn

Felt sorry for him as he could have been a decisive factor in the last 30 minutes. Hopefully he can recover to 100% without being forced to play anytime soon. It's now time for Alacer to proove his skills and get some minutes.

Kerrybai

I think we always play as a team when Messi is absent, but when he plays we become automatically Messi-dependent.

Messi not tracking back disbalance our midfield because they have to move away from their initial position to fill the gap, while when he's absent everybody maintain their position without problems .. and we press as a mass.

I get that you dislike him but we play better with him in our team than without him. That's clear as day for everyone to see.

Total-Football

I get that you dislike him but we play better with him in our team than without him. That's clear as day for everyone to see.

i just spoke about the empty glass when playing him .. of course when he's in the mood and at the right physcal shape , he simply wins us not only games but trophies.

F

Flavia

[tw]778992602628653057[/tw]

Bauza saying that the club sent him messages to take care of Messi, but that they don't take care for him. Big lol. I dislike this guy already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans