10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimadridista1

I'm not worried, we can remember great performances from the team without Leo on the pitch. He looked very tired during the last weeks.. I've never seen him walking as much as he did. Not at his best physically, he'll come back stronger after this 3 weeks break.

KiX7777

Messi: "Many thanks to Monchengladbach for their message of support ! Really nice gesture from club."

Messi: "I'd like thank everyone who sent me their best wishes. I now have to rest for a few days before coming back even stronger."
:blondemessi:;)

His determination and will to score and win is something we should be optimistic about. I do not doubt at all that he will play better then before once he returnes all fresh and rested.

Last edited:

dakt

The thing about him is that on many occasions he looks mentally weak(er) to me, but so far has prove me wrong every time....but honestly when you stop for a sec. and just think about it...10 years on insanely high consistent level.
And I dunno if that is due his massive talent or just pure effort....or both...but he delivers. If he was a bit more lucky, these accomplishments would have been even more formalized in terms of trophies.

SahanBarca

Zidane (coach RM): "Barca worse without Messi? I wouldn't say worse but they're different without him, but yes. Messi is Messi". [md]

Total-Football

What Messi did the last match was so UnMessiEsque .. you expect a Penaldo to flex in front of small opponents and disappear against solid teams .. Messi's been doing great since the start of the season , then he was literally invisible in the first half . i don't want to give atletico any credit for that, because that's not neymar or suarez or any other player .. that's Messi, if he's in it, there is no plan at all that can work against him.

SahanBarca

Romario - ' Messi is not the greatest of all time . He will have to take over Maradona and me first , and then eventually Pele'

doublehh03

I'm not worried, we can remember great performances from the team without Leo on the pitch. He looked very tired during the last weeks.. I've never seen him walking as much as he did. Not at his best physically, he'll come back stronger after this 3 weeks break.

He scored a bunch of goals 2 games prior to the Atletico game. The injury just needs rest. If he over-exerts, it happened. He needs to rest enough to let it fully heal. Hopefully 3 weeks do the trick.

doublehh03

What Messi did the last match was so UnMessiEsque .. you expect a Penaldo to flex in front of small opponents and disappear against solid teams .. Messi's been doing great since the start of the season , then he was literally invisible in the first half . i don't want to give atletico any credit for that, because that's not neymar or suarez or any other player .. that's Messi, if he's in it, there is no plan at all that can work against him.

Messi was dangerous every time he touched the ball in the first half. He would get by 1-2 players but then there was a 3rd or 4th. Godin stopped him on a great run when he went by 3 players but then Godin made a great tackle. Atletico is the best defensive team for a reason. You gotta give them credit. Messi will win v. most defensive minded teams, but sometimes he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans