10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvia

Our tempo reduced after his arrival.I think we would have scored 6-0 even with those missed chances with messi on bench.

when you get back from injury in nearly 2 months and team is leading 3 points, you don't rush. You can't judge like that in the situation.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
original.jpg

Sasuke85

I noticed in this match, there were a few times Messi did not pass the ball to Neymar even though Neymar was being in a perfect position to get it.

BerkeleyBernie

I noticed in this match, there were a few times Messi did not pass the ball to Neymar even though Neymar was being in a perfect position to get it.

Where? Out on the left? Madrid was leaving such space centrally, there was no need to put the ball out wide. The Barça tiki-taka vets still love to play through the middle when they can, which is rare these days. One of the reasons this game was so fun to watch.

Speaking of, that Messi pre-assist to Alba was sudden and impeccable, as was the assist and finish.

Co0ter

Messi is clearly way out of form. There was that moment he had Suarez and Neymar open- he chose Suarez which was a mistake, since Neymar was MORE open and in better position. I attribute it to him being out of form and making the wrong decision, not ignoring Neymar on purpose.

Subbing in Messi was a mistake, we seemed to take it down 2 gears when he went on- less pressing and he was less mobile than normal. Madrid was just so bad that they still couldn't get it together, and we still managed two sitters for Munir. It was the coaches fault though, not Messi.

I'm obviously overwhelmed with joy over the result, I just don't agree with the sub. Was no need for it.

silvia

Messi is clearly way out of form. There was that moment he had Suarez and Neymar open- he chose Suarez which was a mistake, since Neymar was MORE open and in better position. I attribute it to him being out of form and making the wrong decision, not ignoring Neymar on purpose.

Subbing in Messi was a mistake, we seemed to take it down 2 gears when he went on- less pressing and he was less mobile than normal. Madrid was just so bad that they still couldn't get it together, and we still managed two sitters for Munir. It was the coaches fault though, not Messi.

I'm obviously overwhelmed with joy over the result, I just don't agree with the sub. Was no need for it.

I don't want to argue if he is 'way' out or not, since every player made mistake in this match.
If you are a manager who would you sub in for Masche, Rakitic and Iniesta? and when will you play messi?

Cule Finn

I hope he will be eased back to the action. A couple of sub appearances vs Roma and La Real and then full goat form at Mestalla. Although we all know that is not gonna happen since Little Dictator always wants to play...

raskolnikov

Why are you guys hating on Messi?
Once he gets back in form barca will runn even more rampage on teams.
Even the implication that he is jelous of Neymar or bringing the team down in some way is untrue and an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans