10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

Imagine having that weight on your shoulders and not having enough spirit after so many years of criticism from some 'supporters' and others who always have some shit to say about you. Yeah some of you can call this a selfish move, but ffs think for a moment ...every person has a breaking point and this was Messi's.

Give him a break :angry:

Sepuldinho

why give the ref a chance to send you in a heated period of time .. that tackle was nasty and arguibely a red card .. 70 fucking minutes .. just pass the ball around stretch the pitch .. go from far left to far right and make them work .. this is just basic football stuff for fuck sake .. their legs will be gone by minute 60 .. NOTICE how chile started doing the exact fucking thing after Rojo' s crime , they didn't give a fuck about the attack , they started holding the ball , stretching and distributing .. becaus unlike the monkeys messi plays with they know basic football rules

[vine]https://vine.co/v/5uwjmWPVq1b[/vine]

take a look.

and the ref is a card maniac

Cl6zyb7UsAE5zZE.jpg:large

i_bleed_blaugrana

It's amazing how much NT success/failure is so make or break for a player's career.

I just hate that bc of this now, he will never be universally recognized as the GOAT. The haters will cling to this day for the rest of their miserable lives now and it really is a shame if it ends like this. I do thin it's a bit rash but considering all he's gone through with Argentina recently, I really don't blame him. Their fans and the AFA don't deserve him, especially with shit like not having flights scheduled on time, bad coach selections which led to poor player selections (anyone remember that circus that was Maradona coaching for the WC 2010?) and feeling no remorse for scapegoating the player who is literally dragging the team to finals in almost every major tournament he's played for them.

To sum up my feelings about this, the biggest bullshit about all of this is that Messi gets criticized for not finishing the job when his team around him fails him while Ronaldo skates by and gets the loudest of praises when he merely performs to his standard (something he RARELY does with Portugal) when it's the team around him that busts their asses just to give him chances for him to blast or fuck up. The double standard between them is a joke sometimes and while Portugal's players, even though most of them aren't world class, actually overachieve to make up for Ronaldo's conceded, can't track back or pass bougie ass while outside of Mascherano and maybe di Maria, the Argentina players shit on Messi when he literally creates everything for them. It's like Argentina players don't give a shit about their or Messi's legacy while Portugal players give everything for Ronaldo to succeed.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
ESPN Argentina now confirming Agüero and Mascherano "retirements"... also Lavezzi, Biglia, Higuain, etc. in the coming hours to days.

Fuck, Chile killed Argentina.

Contreras1991

ESPN Argentina now confirming Agüero and Mascherano "retirements"... also Lavezzi, Biglia, Higuain, etc. in the coming hours to days.

Fuck, Chile killed Argentina.

Argentina killed Argentina, people like Maradona did it ( we will certainly win on Sunday… and if we don’t win, they shouldn’t come back,” )

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Between the issues Messi brought up at his presser Friday, the potential disaffiliation of AFA from FIFA in the coming hours; Boca and even the national team could be at risk. There is also limbo presidency at their FA. Elections supposedly will be going on midweek should there be no govt of FIFA intervention. There is a chance Copa Lib (Boca) is not played. Also add to that the potential of national team being removed from WCQs.
These scenarios might not happen, but the reality is there that things are at DEFCOM 5 in Argentine football and there is no solution in site. Tomorrow will be the beginning of the fallout.

I saw the above on twitter. Are things really that bad?

Total-Football

[MENTION=3661]Sepuldinho[/MENTION]
Fair enough he missed the legs and Vidal is a cunt we all know that .. but why make such a malicious tackle .. why starts fighting with 70 fucking minutes with extra player .. You know what did thierry henry said about the final in 2006 ? he said literally that the ref killed arsenal by not counting giuly's goal and consequently spare them the red card .. YES! an early red card is almost the equivalent of winning in high profile intense games .. Thierry hear clearly values the red more then the goal ! so basically when Argentina were 1 man up that was like a 1.5 or 2 goals lead.. why get intense .. why give the ref any excuse to send anyone .. and that's a blame to Mascherano also who started fighting for no reason at minute 37 !! fighting and keep excalating stuff is just begging such a ref for a sending off .. the first thing to do while 1 man up is absolutely kill the mood of the match for a good period of time .. those brainless twats don't know that .. i can't even remember the last time i was on an insulting spree towards a team like today . i couldn't give less of a fuck about them , i'm just worried about messi and barcelona

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am sensing that this quitting the NT thing by Messi, Masch and potentially other players was done in a way to force their hands on/issue an ultimatum to the AFA that "if you don't get your act together, sayonara".

I am hoping that when Messi recovers from this devastation he will return to the NT one day.

Richard.H

Holy shit this is huge, I'm surprised there aren't more posts here. This is basically mutiny from the players if it's true that the other senior leaders retired too.

SirXavi

The Engineer
only martino stays :okay: :facepalm:

If Martino leaves who will FIFA hire, because they're in control of AFA right now. Simeone and Sampaoli, who seem like the choices to get the job should Martino leave, would not want to be a part of a federation where everything from top to bottom is messed up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi to return before the 2018 WC and win it for Argentina - Bookmark this

Messi is Azor Ahai - The Prince that was Promised - He spent years and years trying to win a trophy with Argentina, but always failed at the last hurdle

However, in 2018, he'll drive a sword through the man he hates the most, Gonzalo Higuain, and thus regain magical powers leading Argentina to a World Cup win after decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans