10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't see much point in him playing at next two Copa Americas. He'll get tons of stick if they don't win (which is very likely) and even the praise for winning it would be very minimal after this World Cup flop. It would be like our CDR win vs Sevilla after the Roma disaster

I think for Messi it is more important to play than worry about getting more stick.

Pedro

La Masia
Messi will lead Argentina to glory in 2022 in Qatar, he won't retire, he already said recently he won't retire from Arg till he wins the World Cup

SG-7

i think for argentina going foward...they need to pull of a leicester city move in that build the team chemistry and make the players work as a unit. Sometimes you dont need the best players in order to win.

Dont get me started on the mess that is sampoali...through out qualifying and up until now did he have 1 formation or line up that he used more than once? I hope he gets crucified in arg for this. How is the team suppose to gel? to be able to work with each other.

I play football alot so i know firsthand how disastrous it can be to play with team mates that dont have an understand of each others movements. Once you start playing together alot and build up that chemisty you know whose making the runs and what not.

Its true that they dont have may big players that arent coming through, but that dosent mean all is lost either. Need a proper coach that can do the above properly.

Vilarrubi

I don't see much point in him playing at next two Copa Americas. He'll get tons of stick if they don't win (which is very likely) and even the praise for winning it would be very minimal after this World Cup flop. It would be like our CDR win vs Sevilla after the Roma disaster

You sound like a positive person :lol:

cro-man

I think there is no player who exist or existed who could carry this argentina team:lol: His attitude is a other story. The way he is walking on the field instead of moving to provide strenght upfront and behind is really annoying. Even if he was surrounded by 3-4 players all the time he should have moved more to make more space for his mates and himself. He is just standing and watching and giving up too early. The result was 4:3 at the end and if he didnt give up so early maybe they would have scored another one.

Maybe he is too old for moving more but i think its his attitude. For someone who won so much he is really too easy to break. I also remember the game against psg where neymar and roberto were the ones who didnt give up till the end but messi did. His lack of trust in his mates and loosing too early his fighting spirit are his biggest problems.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think he "doesn't move" because he doesn't want to. Maybe it's something with his physique that he doesn't run as much as other players. Whatever it is and even if he was sitting on his ass all the time, he gave Barca and football in general more than any other player that existed.

He's consistently been the best footballer in the world for 12 years now.

People are upset and disappointed because his superior ability and talent didn't reflect in number of trophies. I get that. But some people need not be that shallow.

Truthist

It's looking the end for me and the embrace with Mbappe was like the passing of the torch. Without doubt the best player in football history but his legs seem to have gone and it's increasingly becoming a tactical nightmare in terms of where to play so he doesn't have to defend much.

eaman

I think there is no player who exist or existed who could carry this argentina team:lol: His attitude is a other story. The way he is walking on the field instead of moving to provide strenght upfront and behind is really annoying. Even if he was surrounded by 3-4 players all the time he should have moved more to make more space for his mates and himself. He is just standing and watching and giving up too early. The result was 4:3 at the end and if he didnt give up so early maybe they would have scored another one.

Maybe he is too old for moving more but i think its his attitude. For someone who won so much he is really too easy to break. I also remember the game against psg where neymar and roberto were the ones who didnt give up till the end but messi did. His lack of trust in his mates and loosing too early his fighting spirit are his biggest problems.

You can't know if he gives up or not unless you're in his head. He doesn't change his way from start to finish. At the end of the game today it might have looked like that but in the end he got a shot on target and an assist and beat a couple of men and won a free so he didn't just stop playing. He knows how to play the game and the positions to take and maybe he trusts his teammates for too long in a game that they will get the ball to him. Running around trying to find space is not going to help in the position he plays. He has to trust his teammates to work the ball to him

Devils

It's looking the end for me and the embrace with Mbappe was like the passing of the torch. Without doubt the best player in football history but his legs seem to have gone and it's increasingly becoming a tactical nightmare in terms of where to play so he doesn't have to defend much.

What torch?

You literally need to look back over the course of 12 months to realize just how much ahead Messi is ahead of that kid.

Messi has outperformed every player in the world individually over the past year and Mbappe doesn't even come close. And Messi was playing against far higher level opposition than farmers in the french league.

Pepe Silvia

After a full day of football, social media headlines, I can easily say Messi's GOAT status is not in question. He is still the greatest footballer of all time.

Total-Football

Mbappe is very comparable to Henry despite the slim difference in style .. Henry is more graceful in his movement but Mbappe is more explosive.. Both players do not do any flashy stuff except making runs towards the goal or/and shooting the damn ball with efficiency. Goals win you games and that is why Henry sits on the books as an all time great EPL player where as the robinhos the quaresmas and the okochas and the denilsons never really reached those heights.

Total-Football

More explosive than Henry? WTF

well i relactantly wrote that because i vividly remember how fast henry was in his younger years. But the premise of my assessment is that they are very comparable in the sense that they both are productive, fast players with the minimum of flashiness.

raskolnikov

well i relactantly wrote that because i vividly remember how fast henry was in his younger years. But the premise of my assessment is that they are very comparable in the sense that they both are productive, fast players with the minimum of flashiness.

He reminds me of Ronaldo fenomeno as well when it comes to how explosive he is. Kid is still very young. I like him though since he isnt flashy in that social media way like neymar and pogba for example.

Home of Barca Fans