10 - Lionel Messi - v5

kattanib

Ah good news that he finally going sign his new deserved contract, he's our only hope for next season with still no big signing for the LW spot.

Let us be honest, players of his caliber are always expected to lift the team on their shoulders. He did that last season and so did CR for Madrid

El Barcelona

Let us be honest, players of his caliber are always expected to lift the team on their shoulders. He did that last season and so did CR for Madrid
Yeah that's true but he's going to have a tough year with Deulo on the left, defenders can focus more on Messi now, especially when he drifts inside with nobody on the right bar Semedo/Vidal. I'm curious how we gonna play this Sunday against Real, good results give me probably more hope for the coming season.

kattanib

Yeah that's true but he's going to have a tough year with Deulo on the left, defenders can focus more on Messi now, especially when he drifts inside with nobody on the right bar Semedo/Vidal. I'm curious how we gonna play this Sunday against Real, good results give me probably more hope for the coming season.
It is going to be magical, I am telling you. Their defense is not that good at all. If we play our boring short pass possession game, we can win by nit letting them as focus as usual

The key reason they have been winning is due to individual brilliance. Their players are quite focus and calm. If you think about it, the had so many 1 goal difference wins last season.

Last edited:

El Barcelona

It is going to be magical, I am telling you. Their defense is not that good at all. If we play our boring short pass possession game, we can win by nit letting them as focus as usual

The key reason they have been winning is due to individual brilliance. Their players are quite focus and calm.
I don't believe it without good signing that definitely cost a lot of money. Maybe after a good result Wednesday night I will. :lol: If not, and we follow some peoples advice for not throwing +100mil on players like Dembélé/Coutinho we're doomed and missing another year off Messi brilliance. Next year our squad another year older, prices getting higher and we can all wank again for missing out on players because we don't want to splash the money and only buying mediocre 50 mil squad players. But yeah, I hope your right.

T

TS88

No he didnt.

Messi was Barcas best player but never carried the team.

I agree, of course Messi will always be the best player while he is at Barca but he didn't carry the team last season as you correctly said. I thought he had a good season but not a great one by his standards. I felt his best game was the 3-2 victory at the Bernabeu and the only big game where he performed well last season. The Ramos red card obviously helped and really decided that game. Lastly, In the 6-1 game against PSG, I thought he was pretty poor and didn't show up except from scoring the penalty.

Barca have too sign two worthy replacements in place of Neymar or they will waste away Messi's last few good years because he can't do it on his own anymore. He is 30 years old and he is only going to decline from here on out. I am afraid that he might save himself for the WC qualifiers and finals and not give his all for Barca because this upcoming WC will be realistically the last one he can win. Barca need him to be at his absolute best if Barca going to compete for La Liga and the CL, even more so with Neymar gone.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

I agree, of course Messi will always be the best player while he is at Barca but he didn't carry the team last season as you correctly said. I thought he had a good season but not a great one by his standards. I felt his best game was the 3-2 victory at the Bernabeu and the only big game where he performed well last season. The Ramos red card obviously helped and really decided that game. Lastly, In the 6-1 game against PSG, I thought he was pretty poor and didn't show up except from scoring the penalty.

Barca have too sign two worthy replacements in place of Neymar or they will waste away Messi's last few good years because he can't do it on his own anymore. He is 30 years old and he is only going to decline from here on out. I am afraid that he might save himself for the WC qualifiers and finals and not give his all for Barca because this upcoming WC will be realistically the last one he can win. Barca need him to be at his absolute best if Barca going to compete for La Liga and the CL, even more so with Neymar gone.

If Messi didn't carry the team last year then probably no one ever has (which is an argument you can make as its a teamsport with 11 players).
Saying Messi only had an average season and was good in one big game is bullshit.
He has had better seasons but on the whole his season was really good and very consistent and his play was by far the biggest reason barça won the copa and finished 2e in La Liga.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi did carry Barcelona. The only reason some people don't see it is because Barcelona fell short of 2 points of wining La Liga. Had Real lost one more game and Barca won it, it would be largely attributed to Messi's performance.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi was failed by his team mates last season in the league.

He carried the team in many games and created a lot chances that went to waste. Most in many years actually.

JamDav1982

Messi did carry Barcelona. The only reason some people don't see it is because Barcelona fell short of 2 points of wining La Liga. Had Real lost one more game and Barca won it, it would be largely attributed to Messi's performance.

He would have been the biggest reason as he was the best player across the season but plenty of other players played big parts in a lot of wins and Messi had some shit games as well when it mattered.

Wasnt as if he was always great and rest were poor and he carried team on shoulders week in week out as is often made out. No player can do that.

El Barcelona

Without Messi we competing with Atleti, sad that some people not seeing this. The number of true balls, dribbles and starting attacks from the midfield because they had no clue was insane. If this not carrying the team how do you call this then? And yes, he had some bad games but you can count that on one hand..

JamDav1982

Without Messi we competing with Atleti, sad that some people not seeing this. The number of true balls, dribbles and starting attacks from the midfield because they had no clue was insane. If this not carrying the team how do you call this then?

Call it being the best player in the team.

Carrying the team as if the rest were shit and he was good and carried them all the time isnt accurate for him or anyone.

Messi was decent in one CL game and average to poor in other three.

There were plenty of players that played a big part in wins across the season and Messi was the best player across the board.

Home of Barca Fans