10 - Lionel Messi - v5

El Barcelona

Call it being the best player in the team.

Carrying the team as if the rest were shit and he was good and carried them all the time isnt accurate for him or anyone.

Messi was decent in one CL game and average to poor in other three.

There were plenty of players that played a big part in wins across the season and Messi was the best player across the board.
That is he for sure, you have valid points not gonna lie about it but for me, he carried the team. Glad we have all different opinions on the game, this makes discussing on a forum a lot funnier. :cheers:

JamDav1982

That is he for sure, you have valid points not gonna lie about it but for me, he carried the team. Glad we have all different opinions on the game, this makes discussing on a forum a lot funnier. :cheers:

Guess it is different interpretations of 'carrying the team' as much as anything.

T

TS88

The difference between Ronaldo and Messi last season was that Ronaldo showed up and performed well in the big games when it really mattered most and Messi didnt for the most part, that is why CR7 will deservedly win another Ballon Do'r. That is the truth of the matter.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

The difference between Ronaldo and Messi last season was that Ronaldo showed up and performed well in the big games when it really mattered most and Messi didnt for the most part, that is why CR7 will deservedly win another Ballon Do'r. That is the truth of the matter.

What a lot of shit. Ronaldo gets carried by his team..... whereas Messi can make chances on his own.

Truthist

I'm so pissed with this board, it makes my blood boil.

As a footballer dribbling takes the most out of the body physically and Messi has been dribbling all his life.

He's at the stage of his career where we should be reducing the workload and becoming less dependant on him but what does our retarded board do, increase the pressure on him.

He is going to have to play a lot of GOAT games for us to even compete this season. We are embarrassingly weak in every department this season.

JerseyAddict

I start wondering who created those two 1v1 situations for Iniesta and Suarez against Juve and four 1v1s vs Malaga :thinking: which was crucial game. Also not to mention he won us Clasico match.

Not to mention he won us so many games last year, great games, and carried us to the moment where we had it all in our hands to win La Liga... despite bad midfield, despite blind refs, despite incompetent board.

and then, DER MEISTER SHOWED UP with his shiny new boots... gets a yellow for being a jerk and red for beeing an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a25_xxtuKGY

[youtube]https://youtu.be/a25_xxtuKGY[/youtube]

Last edited:

Batistuta9

Reading some of the recent posts that ronaldo was better than messi this year made me lol. One is most complete attacking player and one is just a finisher these days. We should be thankful that we have messi, cos i can guarantee if messi and cr7 swapped teams we would be finished. Madrid have the best team and practically won the league without playing BBC.

Zuti

Messi was individually the better player no doubt about that, its just that RM was the better team, winning 2 major trophies, that's the only reason why CR is getting the Balon, it's stupid reasoning imo, but what can you do.

vlad

Messi was individually the better player no doubt about that, its just that RM was the better team, winning 2 major trophies, that's the only reason why CR is getting the Balon, it's stupid reasoning imo, but what can you do.

i dont agree, last season was probably best cr7 season since he is in real, and as much messi is more joy to watch, he was nowhere to be seen vs PSG in 2 matches, and against juventus i second match, cr7 was scoring on higher level, he totaly deserve balon d´or

Ronaldinho10

i dont agree, last season was probably best cr7 season since he is in real, and as much messi is more joy to watch, he was nowhere to be seen vs PSG in 2 matches, and against juventus i second match, cr7 was scoring on higher level, he totaly deserve balon d´or

And against rm in the classico was Messi still nowehere to be seen? CR7 didnt deserve balon d'or last season and im not just saying that as a barca fan. true CR7 did have a very good season but lets not forget that RM were a much better team last season then barca therfore the success was measured in the team effort rather then a single player effort and in that category messi wins (always..).

Gaudi

There wouldn't be any misunderstanding if reward was called Most valuable player not the BEST player. Like in NBA, Durrant is MVP but, wheter you like Lebron or not, he is no better player than Lebron. When calculating MVP for the season then team success comes in to the play even though is hard to point out single players in team sports. That is always subjective, but if you call someone best player then team success doesn't mean much. Because CR is no better player after Eder scored in euro finals nor is Messi less of a player because Higuain missed.
That type of title is subjective and it must be called by those who watch football. Then, I belive even CR's mom understands who is the best, that is more than statistics. CR turned in to clear poacher, nothing more, but even in that department Messi matches him or even betters him. It's not even clear assists, is those key passes, killer passes, split defense passes, it's those dribbles, making room out of nothing, making magic, not more than CR, (like CR every 20 games, MEssi every 10) BUT EVERY SINGLE GAME.
So, if Balon was for MVP than CR is the main candidate, but I would even argue that CR is not the BEST player in RM let alone in the world with living Messi.

vlad

And against rm in the classico was Messi still nowehere to be seen? CR7 didnt deserve balon d'or last season and im not just saying that as a barca fan. true CR7 did have a very good season but lets not forget that RM were a much better team last season then barca therfore the success was measured in the team effort rather then a single player effort and in that category messi wins (always..).

if barca took la liga after that win in el classico it would matter alot, but they didnt, im talkin about CL where messi didnt do nothing, he had good match vs juve away, and cr7 had a goal festival in toughest matches,

Home of Barca Fans