10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Alik

Not sure about that. Otherwise why did he try to convince Neymar to stay?

Maybe now the reasons for him leaving are just piling up.

Neymar left.
Verratti didn't come.
Coutinho and Dembele not confirmed.
Paulinho comes instead.
Board members criticize players.
Get thumped by Real Madrid.

If the vote of no confidence fails, I think it's quite likely Messi would move. I guess he might be waiting to see how that turns out.

George_Costanza

I thought it was multiple sources. Going by Messi's body language and behaviour towards Neymar during the second pre-season game I think it is safe to assume he was very disappointed to see him leave.

Sport said that and I don't believe the story of Messi asking Neymar to stay to win him the BDO.

I actually think he should leave if a vote of no confidence fail. He will do wonders in City under Pep.

Richard.H

He should give a warning message on social media. That's one thing I really don't like about him: He isn't vocal at all and does nothing to change a situation outside of his performances on the pitch. He is the captain and leader of this team.

Mitchell1978

There probably was some sort of agreement 'in principle' about his renuwal but it still hans't been signed yet, maybe he's really waiting to see what the board does, which signings are actually coming.
I'm not convinced about City though, contrary to what some people think i don't think Pep and Messi have been close in years. One of the reasons Pep left was because of Messi because Pep wants to win because of his own tactical genius and philosphy not because of the genius of a player like Messi.

Ritchie

So unfair on him. He deserves better than this. Nobody could begrudge salvaging something out the rest of his career now by moving on. He doesn't deserve to have it wasted like this.

Raketa10

If this board fucks up next 15 days he should go next summer or force the board to resign. He is the only one holding the keys of Barca future right now.

If he wants he can throw them all out by refusing to sign contract extension! To be honest him not singning the contract yet is the best thing for Barca right now!

Raketa10

I think Barto, and his shitty friends will be gone before Messi.

No way we let Messi go.

Well that is the intention and Messi can make it happen, maybe the only one in this moment.:D

I know he won't do it but imagine if he says: This board has to go or I am going!

Hell would broke loose! :D

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans