10 - Lionel Messi - v5

JamDav1982

He is going to have to play AM with three forward players on front of him.

Need to at least buy a wide player today.

Says it before but don't like him at AM as he plays it more as a second striker than a midfielder and takes too many risks at expense of helping keep ball and dictating play. Also doesn't defend enough.

Think for it to work he has to change that way he plays it and may have to have some strange set up where Suarez drops to defend when opposition has ball and Messi stays up the park.

Or could go Messi false nine and Suarez more to left but Alba taking the width.

Really need a wide player today for options I think.

On paper, our attack is very good, probably good enough to challenge for the CL, even without Messi. Our midfield, on the other hand, is mid table tier. That's why I think Messi needs to be in midfield. Besides Busquets, he's our only good midfielder. Though a formation with Messi in midfield would basically hinge on Suarez regaining his form. Dembele's good but he can't carry the attack by himself.

Can move him back up front next season when we hopefully have competent midfielders who aren't 33 to put behind him.

No we don't it would be waste of most of his talents.

Messi up front with no service is a bigger waste of his talents tbh.

How about a diamond midfield? Busquets DM, Roberto and Paulinho CMs and Messi AM. Just tell Roberto and Paulinho to run and leave everything else to Messi and Busi. Honestly the beat midifeld setup I can think of with our current players :lol:

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

From what i've seen and heard so far i expect Messi to mostly play as a false 9 when Suarez doesn't play or behind Suarez in a 4-2-3-1 with Dembele and Deulofeu probably next to him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has to keep pushing the date he signs his new contract.

I doubt the motion will succeed anyway as getting the 66% in Step 2 is practically impossible, and that too during Independence vote season.

But if they can get the number up to 50% and he still doesn't sign his contract, it might push them to resign and announce new elections.

Sorin

He has to keep pushing the date he signs his new contract.

I doubt the motion will succeed anyway as getting the 66% in Step 2 is practically impossible, and that too during Independence vote season.

But if they can get the number up to 50% and he still doesn't sign his contract, it might push them to resign and announce new elections.

You think?

They have no shame Don. The only way I see Bartomeu and his stooges resigning is by being investigated for some shit like Rosell.

NotInHere

While Penaldo gets hat-tricks against Faroe Islands every international break.
Such a shame Cristiano is exiting Football on a higher note than Messi despite Messi being the superior player, but that's Football for you.

Messi is argubly in his worst phase as a Footballer, Barca doesn't have a squad to compete for titles, and lets not even mention Argentina

Couldn't have happened in the worst time possible when he's 30 already

raskolnikov

Such a shame Cristiano is exiting Football on a higher note than Messi despite Messi being the superior player, but that's Football for you.

Messi is argubly in his worst phase as a Footballer, Barca doesn't have a squad to compete for titles, and lets not even mention Argentina

Ridiculous. Since 2015 ronaldo has been extremely lucky with Real and Portugal and won thanks to his teammates.
We arent that nuch behind Real right now and Argentina is still a top 5 contender for the wc. You act like he plays for bolivia and Arsenal.

Flavius

i really think we will leave next summer, If he goes, probably Suarez too.. Imagine what will happen with this team. :)

I really can`t see him staying with this shitty team. They destroyed this club while Messi was still here, can you imagine????

Ritchie

Messi is still the far better player (a bigger gap than ever before) but everything is going his way with club and country while everything is going against Messi.

I doubt Messi will win another trophy apart from Copa Del Ray. Another La Liga if he's lucky and that's if he stays another 4 or 5 years. Maybe a Europa League.

Penaldo will win another 2 or 3 ballon d'ors. 2 or 3 CL titles and a few more La Ligas and maybe even a World Cup. He'll score over 100 international goals and break the record in that.

His legacy will be better than Messi's now thanks to this club and their stupidity (Argentina's too).

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

Messi is still the far better player (a bigger gap than ever before) but everything is going his way with club and country while everything is going against Messi.

I doubt Messi will win another trophy apart from Copa Del Ray. Another La Liga if he's lucky and that's if he stays another 4 or 5 years. Maybe a Europa League.

Penaldo will win another 2 or 3 ballon d'ors. 2 or 3 CL titles and a few more La Ligas and maybe even a World Cup. He'll score over 100 international goals and break the record in that.

His legacy will be better than Messi's now thanks to this club and their stupidity (Argentina's too).
:lol:

NotInHere

Ridiculous. Since 2015 ronaldo has been extremely lucky with Real and Portugal and won thanks to his teammates.
We arent that nuch behind Real right now and Argentina is still a top 5 contender for the wc. You act like he plays for bolivia and Arsenal.
Nobody will call it luck 50+ years from now, except for Messi fans, if there are any alive that is.

Cristianos goal #'s and trophies are too many to ignore now.

Barca is worse now that they lost Neymar, Argentina will not win anything cause the players aren't anything special once they wear the jersey

Home of Barca Fans