10 - Lionel Messi - v5

raskolnikov

He could leave Barca and go where?

PSG? Doubt it. RM? Out of question? City? No guarantee of CL. City have a soft underbelly and are a work in progress.
Bayern? Won't pay his insane wages? Juventus? Milan, Inter? Again wage bill plus they're not that great.

I can see a Messi led City winning EPL but to Messi the Cl is clearly where it's at.City have only managed one Cl semi. They are a side with no European pedigree whatsoever. Not to mention the weather and food are crap in Manchester.
If he wear to leave I would prefer it to be Liverpool as crazy as it sounds. Strong traditional club on the rise. Klopp is making them greater. Plus I despise the oil money clubs. I think its unlikely but if he goes to another big ckub its most kikely city due to pep/aguero and several barca related people within the club.

Ritchie

He could leave Barca and go where?

PSG? Doubt it. RM? Out of question? City? No guarantee of CL. City have a soft underbelly and are a work in progress.
Bayern? Won't pay his insane wages? Juventus? Milan, Inter? Again wage bill plus they're not that great.

I can see a Messi led City winning EPL but to Messi the Cl is clearly where it's at.City have only managed one Cl semi. They are a side with no European pedigree whatsoever. Not to mention the weather and food are crap in Manchester.

Juve, City, Psg or United.

Hate to say it but if he's on a free next year Real will offer him the earth.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alfredo Martinez saying Messi's intention is to not sign his contract renewal this year.

From January he's free to negotiate and sign a pre-contract with any club in the World.

If true then it's either a power play or the beginning of the end.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Great news. Doing the right thing here, Leo. Hopefully it's not just BS rumours again. Bunch of cucks doing nothing while Ronaldo is carried to one Ballon d'Or after another. Messi must be fed up, especially after this summer window.

Last edited:

Devils

I wish Lio would say something himself though. Media stories can contradict each other, his words would put an end to that.

Anyways, this is a nuclear weapon in Benedito's hands now. And monumental pressure on the board as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What outcome might be achieved by this power play? Getting the vote of no confidence through?

If it is true and not a power play then it would be the hardest blow to us. I can't find myself cheering for this.

BBZ8800

IF Messi would leave for free, that would be the most Goat-ish dick move from him.
That needs to be said.

If he wants to leave, fine. You could have been sold for 200-300 Millions, helping both to a club and to your career.
IF he is REALLY thinking about leaving for free, again=dick move, level of Neymar.

I know that the board is bad, blah blah.
Still, there are fans and everything.

Let's hope that this is about to get the board down.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, it's not.

Messi is the reason the club is still floating.

He's given Barça everything and more.

To put him on the level of Neymar is incredibly foolish and frankly disrespectful.

The fans (socis) will have to decide what's more important for them.

Few scums who lie all the time or the greatest player of all time that is keeping the team competitive right now.

I don't believe it will go that far and I hope it doesn't, but the fans are lucky they are able to decide the club's future.

It's a choice.

Also if he really leaves, I think we'll see a mass exodus. I don't see Suarez staying either and others like Pique might threaten to leave as well as his contract runs out in 2019.

Last edited:

KiX7777

He loves this club more than anybody. I believe he is just putting pressure on board. He probably wants Laporta back, they have a great relationship.

ryuken

If he leave for free, i wont blame him a bit, this board is the force that drive him out like this, the socis r the one that get us in to this pile of shiet for believing in Rosell's agent and put them at the top of this club.

Givenchy

this is really bad. i'm not convinced its a 'power move' by Messi to put pressure on Barto, watching his last few games he really does seem miserable and i don't blame him. after fucking up with Neymar, losing Thiago and signing shit like Gomes and Douglas this board would sooner see Leo leave than step down. just look at the situation with Iniesta and that tells you all you need to know, they have no respect for legends of the club

BarcaOG

Banned
I wouldn't even be mad if he left out of frustration. What else could he possibly give Barca? The board is taking the club nowhere and Messi is a champion; he wants to compete.
I doubt he even wants to leave--if it's come to the point where he is thinking about it, it is because the club is in such deep shit. Hopefully it leads to a change of administration...

Home of Barca Fans