10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Raketa10

He cannot these days. His one and only position is CAM/CF hybrid. He refuses to play on the wing for some reason, probably because he is not involved as much there.

false 9, CF, CAM, RW while Ronaldo can play only as LW or CF. He refuses to play on the wing that’s true but he can play there and I would dare to say that’s his best position.

Kuchi

Its just like watching ev barca, an isolated messi, a lot of dead weight in many departments adding a trully horendus defense and a shit goalie.

Messi has no chance

Felipetonelo

Where would you run without the ball when the opposition has parked the bus?

I know it's hard but he has to find a way through. He's the best player ever and he should be doing more.

He seems relaxed, calm and I want someone to make him angry, because lately it's the only way to make Messi try more.

Raketa10

I mean, this is his last WC chance, he will never win it with this shit team of course, but at least he can make a statement and go down in history.
Given this conditions, I would expect a 2015 Messi tearing apart the competition on his own as far as he could, instead he is so passive.

Why? Why is he like this? Fuck me I don't understand.

Because he peaked earlier than Ronaldo. It’s clear that best Messi > best Ronaldo but best Messi peaked earlier than Ronaldo. He was the best at 22-25 years of age while Ronaldo had his best moments from his 27 or 28 birthday. His is physically totally different than Ronaldo so this is logical.

BBZ8800

Dude Messi can play more different positions than Ronaldo.

But in the last few years, he plays as a hybrid Cdm-Cm-Cam playmaker dropping deep and playing only through the middle both for Barca and Argentina.

Young Messi was a winger.
This current Messi is some weird, somewhat stubborn dude playing through the middle against 5 players all the time.

And then the same shit happens to Barca in a CL and to Argentina.
What a surprise...

He is facing similar problems today as Barca in a Cl against any parked bus.

Raketa10

But in the last few years, he plays as a hybrid Cdm-Cm-Cam playmaker dropping deep and playing only through the middle both for Barca and Argentina.

Young Messi was a winger.
This current Messi is some weird, somewhat stubborn dude playing through the middle against 5 players all the time.

And then the same shit happens to Barca in a CL and to Argentina.
What a surprise...

He is facing similar problems today as Barca in a Cl against any parked bus.

It’s clear that he peaked earlier than Ronaldo. As I already said peak Messi > peak Ronaldo but Messi peaked in his early twenties and Ronaldo in his late twenties. He lost some of his speed and his physicality does allow not him to run for 90min. I believe if he tried to run for 90 min he would get injured a lot. Maybe you can remember that double hamstring injury 3 or 4 years ago. After that moment he has changed a lot. For me the only logical thing is to move him to RW but I suppose he doesn't feel he can run as much as a winger needs to. On the other side if you put him there you would significanly decrease number of his assists.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Messi had the chance to run at their back line and layed it off to Banega there....

He needs to do a bit more now than all these simple passes.

MessiTBE

Banned
Not looking forward to criticise that Messi will get after this game. Especially on radio showin Argentina. Maradona this Maradona that Maradona would've scored hattrick Messi no Maradona over and over again

Home of Barca Fans