10 - Lionel Messi - v5

TitoTata

Banned
FCUK ballon dore this, ballon dor that, Messi this , Messi that. It is quite straight forward really.

When he was younger he played without fear.

Now as he has become older he cannot handle pressure.

The games show that , the knockout stages as they progress show that and penalties confirm it.

There is not doubt he struggles under pressure now and nothing can change that unless someones punches him in the nose like Marcelo did.

Well he's as good as handed Cronaldo his 6th Balon with that performance .

D10S91

Messi's career is turning into a tragedy. Ronaldo is starting to shit all over him in legacy terms.

Yeah ever since 2015 it's been downhill.. Momentum is definitely shifting in Ronaldo's favour(he has delivered big on the biggest stages/biggest games tbf to him) and this wc might end up being legacy defining for both of them..

ronniecro

i'm changing my mind on flop of the tournament,it will be him,he won't score a goal i'm sure
it hurts to see how the things have changed,ronaldo absolutely dominating rivalry agianst him,turned everything and everyone in his favour and become good guy while leo basically became a villain,i've never seen so many people bashing,ridiculing and enjoying seeing leo failing

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Today was not about motivation. He was eager to do something and simply could not. He did not look disinterested as it is the case for Barca. Just wasn't good enough.

JamDav1982

I feel sorry for him. 3 players around him all the time, literally no space to shoot and missing a penalty. Him and WC is a very difficult relationship.

Given the circumstances he had a good game. No one will care though as in the end the missed penalty was decisive.

He has 3/4 men on him as doesnt move and stands in between two tight banks of four.

At least 4/5 times in that half Messi was on the break and running at them with some pace and did fuck all. Usually slowing down and passing it.

Messi was poor but still can come again in next game.

JamDav1982

2nd goal was a spill from the goalie..so yeah bit lucky.

Although messi did play very average today. Its not as easy as everyone thinks to break down a brick wall. Think itll be more open game against nigeria and croatia.

Second goal was clearly lucky.

TitoTata

Banned
looks like you chose a good picture for your profile when the days were good

as soon as days get worse , you make comments as these

oh well , if barca fans turn their back against him , can't imagine what's going on outside of this forum

On the uk ones they are slaughtering him and have been since that penalty miss.

To be fair the only person getting more stick is Maradona after the to coverage showed him constantly sniffing and wiping his nose just after half time ... he's such an idiot .

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It was in his control when he had the penalty but he missed.

He’s also one dimensional these days and stays in the middle even if there’s no space there. He does the same actions over and over again.

Argentina actually weren’t bad going forward but their defending was very bad for the goal

Stoichkov1

Messi gave too many interviews before the WC and Sampaoli said some stupid shit like "Football owes Messi a WC". If he flops he will be ridiculed even more.

BBZ8800

Did anyone actually expect Messi to score that penalty? If you could imbue Messi with Ronaldo's mentality he'd have already won the world cup and copa america.

If Messi had CR7's mental strength and motivation, we would probably win 10 CLs in the last 12-13 years, lol.
And Messi would have won a few NT titles surely, this or that way.

Messi is an alien in footballing skills, but just a human (or a little boy) in terms of mental strength or handling pressure.
While CR7 is a very good footballer (although way weaker than Messi), but he has robot/Borg's mental strength.

ab739

Why doesn't messi play rw or st, with dybala playing false 9 . That setup would be much better attacking wise

Cool

I have said it multiple times, he needs to introduce off ball movement into his game, dude just stands there marked by two players, moves on step right then one to the left and just day watches.

Home of Barca Fans