10 - Lionel Messi - v5

RevoTeller

leo basically became a villain,i've never seen so many people bashing,ridiculing and enjoying seeing leo failing

Yes, here where I am as well.
I fucking hate this, I am totally mad about it, but goddamit he has his faults in it!

Like today with the penalty, fucking hell.

Givenchy

this Argentina team aren't getting out the group stage, horrendous. its probably for the best as if they come up against Germany or Brazil they'll get steamrolled.

I feel for Messi but there can be no excuses anymore. his teammates bar Aguero are aids but he doesn't show the leadership needed. when all is said and done, Maradona will still be the majorities GOAT.

Raketa10

Fucking retire, choker. Running his own legacy game by game.

Missed passes and bad decisions, three pathetic free kicks and a woeful penalty kick.

Ronaldo is miles ahead of this dude mentally and we rightfully retire and the greater and more clutch player.

Dude you have some serious issues! :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Messi had CR7's mental strength and motivation, we would probably win 10 CLs in the last 12-13 years, lol.
And Messi would have won a few NT titles surely, this or that way.

Messi is an alien in footballing skills, but just a human (or a little boy) in terms of mental strength or handling pressure.
While CR7 is a very good footballer (although way weaker than Messi), but he has robot/Borg's mental strength.

More ridiculous percentages and scenarios.

Yawn.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi is playing a bus and his strategy is to stand still all game and get players to force the ball to him when he is surrounded. Then his holds to ball and tries to make very difficult long shots. He should be moving around coming from different areas. Mixing up his game

Obiaseti

This is the problem with player worship and getting emotionally invested in it. It's always extremes and you essentially end up objectifying the player. The guy's transitioning so let's see how his story ends. Expecting 25yr old Messi will leave you disappointed because he's gone. It's only human. And comparisons with Ronaldo do neither justice because they are different players with different strengths. Further, this will leave you disappointed over and over again because reality won't match your expectations. Messi's technical ability is the best I've ever seen. And he made the most of it in his peak with Barca and I'm glad I got to see it. With regards to the world cup, it's still too early so I wouldn't jump the gun too soon. Yes, there are issues but all teams have them and they can be addressed. For Arg midfield, Messi seems less promising now though.

fergus90

By a normal footballers standard, he had a decent game. For Messi standards he was quite poor. It's nothing new he has 3 or 4 men on him marking him because he's absolutely deadly with the ball. However, it's the same case when we are getting suffocated and bullied away in the champions league knockouts.

He gets squeezed out of possession but offers no motivation or willing to make space for himself or show any desire or movement to change the situation. Only when there's 10 minutes or less to go and the game situation is getting critical, you see urgency. Then we see him moving around, bursting into spaces and it's no coincidence he then creates chances and gets close to scoring.

Yes he is the greatest ever but that doesn't make him immune to criticism, and for a long time now he can be very static and semi-interested.

MessiTBE

Banned
Portugal 1 Iceland 1 Euro 2016 opening group game. Ronaldo had shocker. Portugal go on to win the Euros.......Maybe just maybe this could be fate

ab739

Messi is playing a bus and his strategy is to stand still all game and get players to force the ball to him when he is surrounded. Then his holds to ball and tries to make very difficult long shots. He should be moving around coming from different areas. Mixing up his game

He has no stamina to do that. Also something Ronaldo has over him

raskolnikov

He clearly does but as I said it all started with that double hamstring injury few years ago. After that puking started.
That psg match? He has been excellent a lot since then. I dont know. I will always argue messi as goat and wont let today bury him. But im dissapointed. Most of us want him to shine for Argentija but itsbeen unfortunate a lot.

Raki13

The team he has around him are terrible but thats no excuse for the lack of effort from your captain. He will be slaughtered back in Argentina and rightfully so. The pressure to perform is to great for him now.
As for Argentina , they wont even qualify for the next round.

booge

He has 3/4 men on him as doesnt move and stands in between two tight banks of four.

At least 4/5 times in that half Messi was on the break and running at them with some pace and did fuck all. Usually slowing down and passing it.

Messi was poor but still can come again in next game.

This is true. Teams give Messi like 4 men markers lol. His counterpart is left free to roam the box lol

clemente

Of course now headlines like that goalkeeper wasnt even a proffessional player before 2012 are coming, Messi now making me want to avoid internet, how hard can it be to score a fucking penalty. Of course besides that penalty he was the best player and played beautiful today, but that penalty is all thats it gonna be talked about, everything about this sport is disgusting to me.

Home of Barca Fans