10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Morten

For all his briliance on the ball, which is very often enough by itself tbf, Messi isnt doing himself any favors by being so static as he is.
I dont know why he hardly ever tries to run into space, to recieve the ball in better positions, or simply to draw defenders away, leaving more space for others.
When he recieves the ball, partly due to lack of movement, he has to somehow get around 2-4 players, no wonder its difficult.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
[tw]1008032378244091904[/tw]

At least he isn’t going into hiding this time taking no responsibility and showing poor leadership. Go on, Leo! It is going to be harder now after that result, but nothing is impossible.

Alik

I know it's too late to try it out, but I'd consider moving him to the right, and Dybala into the center. He will either have more space there, or draw the players making space for the rest of the team.

Messi playing as 10 and dropping deep isn't helping.

Stoichkov1

For all his briliance on the ball, which is very often enough by itself, Messi isnt doing himself any favors by being so static as he is.
I dont know why he hardly ever tries to run into space, to recieve the ball in better positions, or simply to draw defenders away, leaving more space for others.
When he recieves the ball, partly due to lack of movement, he has to somehow get around 2-4 players, no wonder its difficult.

Yeah he's like a robot who goes idle when he doesn't have the ball on his feet.

M

MessiCam

I am saying Messi style of not moving more and sharper can make him easier to defend and pick up.

But that is Messi and he wont change.

Even then it was not always like that today and there were occasions Argies had a bit more space to attack and Messi just slowed it all down if on ball or never really made any great moves to get into space if wasnt on ball.

That is Messi and he wont/cant change but folk can still point out when it is frustrating to see and leads to him not being all that effective.
JamDav you’re evading the question... What moves can he make to get on the ball other than go deeper with a 2 man defensive midfield setup?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He can drift to the wings and help create overloads and also run at their fullbacks, maybe send in early crosses. So many things. He could also move closer to the striker occasionally and try and run in behind. Need a target man for that though.

JamDav1982

JamDav you’re evading the question... What moves can he make to get on the ball other than go deeper with a 2 man defensive midfield setup?

Not evading it at all quite clearly said that moving more and trying to find space more rather than stamding stationary so often is less predictable for the defence.

blaugrana1987

I think he played good. Took some good shots, had he scored penalty we would say good game from him. Its a shame, but good thing he is not panicking. They played much better then I expected them to. Croatia lost against Iceland, England as well. Portugal drew with them..On general, they are solid team.

M

MessiCam

He can drift to the wings and help create overloads and also run at their fullbacks, maybe send in early crosses. So many things. He could also move closer to the striker occasionally and try and run in behind. Need a target man for that though.

He did all that today apart from the crosses.

serghei

I think he played good. Took some good shots, had he scored penalty we would say good game from him. Its a shame, but good thing he is not panicking. They played much better then I expected them to. Croatia lost against Iceland, England as well. Portugal drew with them..On general, they are solid team.

Well, if you look at it like that... he was good I guess. Hell, if he was Gomes it would've been the best game of his life.

blaugrana1987

Well, if you look at it like that... he was good I guess. Hell, if he was Gomes it would've been the best game of his life.

I mean, he wont miss those in next game. He had quite a few dribbles, wasnt dissposesed, took 2 good shots that could have easily got in etc. Not great as his pen kicks are absolute shite, but had he scored, and he should have, no body would have said a word.

M

MessiCam

Not evading it at all quite clearly said that moving more and trying to find space more rather than stamding stationary so often is less predictable for the defence.
He doesn’t stand stationary. That’s just a lie. He moves around in his zone and picks up passes everywhere.

Home of Barca Fans