10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Givenchy

Okay I'm a huge Messi fan and I've watched him since he exploded onto the big stage but even i cant excuse him after today. this is arguably your last world cup, last chance after fucking up in the game vs Iceland whilst your rival is top scorer and all I'm seeing is Messi walking around just as he does for Barca, lazy walking and a slight jog here and there. Argentina are the worst team at the world cup in terms of balance and coordination but who is supposed to be firing them up and organizing them on the pitch? the captain. when shit was kicking off after Masch's bad tackle where was Messi to intervene? he was slowly jogging back. he only has himself to blame at this world cup. I really cant believe how bad his attitude is..

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Clear as day Barcas squad help Messi far more than people like to make out when see him with Argentina.

Even though Ronaldo didnt play much in that final they would never have been near it without him.

Put CR with this Argentina squad and they go out just as fast.

Take Messi out of Barca, we lose the league this season. Take CR off of Madrid, they probably still win the CL.

Neymessi

They will blame the rest of Argentina team but Messi was just as bad and as one of best in world to show little ability to get on the ball it was a disgrace.

Pretty much. I am seeing a lot of blame on sampaoli willy etc and people saying that even if messi was good they would have lost as his defence but thats just turning a blind eye to the fact that he himself has been quite dire.

It doesn't matter if messi was good and argie lost, at least then you could have said messi does his part. You can't run the narrative for ages that argie lets messi down always when messi doesn't even do his part and try to even run.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Clear as day Barcas squad help Messi far more than people like to make out when see him with Argentina.

Even though Ronaldo didnt play much in that final they would never have been near it without him.

They shouldn't have even been near it. Took a complete precedent change in the rules allowing Portugal to qualify despite being behind frigging Iceland and Hungary.

Ronaldo wasn't even Portugal's best player in that tournament, arguably not even top 3.

Stoichkov1

Most of the time after a bad messi game all you see are people defending messi for pages saying how so many users here give knee-jerk reactions and unjust criticism about messi whereas in actuality hardly one or 2 posters talk stupid shit about messi after his bad match. People are incredibly defensive and sensitive for messi

The criticism he is getting today is all very fair. Horribly static no movement at all and no urgency. Just horrid.

The problem with Messi is that he plays like that against all teams. At first I thought he was walking in the league to save himself for the WC but that's clearly not the case. If he keeps playing like that at Barca we won't win the CL in the next seasons.

Givenchy

Put CR with this Argentina squad and they go out just as fast.

Take Messi out of Barca, we lose the league this season. Take CR off of Madrid, they probably still win the CL.

no, they really really don't go out just as fast. Ronaldo is a diva bitch but he wouldn't just walk around. he'd be screaming and shouting at those around him to up their game.

JamDav1982

They shouldn't have even been near it. Took a complete precedent change in the rules allowing Portugal to qualify despite being behind frigging Iceland and Hungary.

Ronaldo wasn't even Portugal's best player in that tournament, arguably not even top 3.

Haha you make out as if changed the rules when Portugal came third in group.

Folk keep repeating this but Portugal knew the rules and third took them through.

Ronaldo was their best player at that tournament and has been the best player in WC so far.

Question17

So many of you guys were predicting that Argentina would be in the final. Argentina are not done yet but the crazy format of this tourney means that no team is a sure bet to make the final. Its very possible that sadly, that lost final could be the closest he ever gets to winning the WC.

sundar

Seeing his carrier, one thing is evident. He lacks determination. When the going gets tough, he just goes into the zone and hides.

During his peak he rarely does this. And we had Xavi, Iniesta, alves to help him. But for the last 3-4 years it's getting worse. Don't think it will change.

Home of Barca Fans