10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Windhook

Clearly it's over for Messi on international level... forever. He won't be G.O.A.T. in the eyes of his deniers. Nigeria is nowhere near the quality of beating Iceland. Even if Iceland fail, Croatia would still field some mix of their worst XI next game against Iceland, just not let Messi qualify to the next round.

NotInHere

I can't believe Ronaldo, fucking Ronaldo out of all players at this stage of his career has been outplaying Messi who has out of this world talent.

booge

The starting XI is shit, their chemistry is shit, but the players aren't.

Argentina has arguably some of the best attacking players, plus Mascherano & Otamemdi.

The only thing they needed was to get a coach who could play Argentina to max potential, which certainly didn't happen

Donatello, this is what happens when you have thick cunts as coaches.

The only way an inferior team can win is by sitting deep and hitting teams on counter.

Watch how Portugal win lol. You can't expect to dominate the midfield and play high up like Barcelona when you have not go those type of players lol

Sampoli the drug addict thought he could play the Barca way and Messi would get the ball more

LMAO

KingLeo10

He's not infallible. Doesn't mean there aren't extreme, emotional things being posted here. The "what have you done for me lately" mentality is sick.

the quote isn't a reference to skip bayless is it? :lol: man the US vitriol of GOAT and social media flip flopping has truly ruined sports. lebron got praised to hell and back for his 50 points in game 1 and then got slaughtered for quitting next 3 games. it's comical at times.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is still good enough for Argentina XI. They don't have many in that position, plus tbh he is very much needed because of his experience. He could have played the Iniesta role, playing when needed instead of playing the whole tournament.

He isn't. He's shit as a distributor in that DM role and he's slow to cover space. They could have groomed a legit talent like Paredes in that role or heck even played Biglia who has done decently well for AC Milan as a lone DM, but no. It's either both Biglia and Mascherano as DMs together or Mascherano alone.

Mascherano should play as a CB or not play at all.

JamDav1982

If it's all about off the ball movement and making yourself open, then how come Aguero had 7 touches in the entire first half???

Argentina's midfield couldn't move the ball at all. Completely incapable of penetrating. Messi was bad today, but if he didn't go 1 man army from the midfield line then he wouldn't see the ball. That was the only way for him to do anything, and that is patently ineffective at a level like this. Could've been God Mode today, Argentina would've still gotten steamrolled.

Aguero was shit and got taken off.

Higuain and Dybala showed better movement and got ball in better areas.

Not rocket science.

If the midfield is that shit Messi can try to drop and help get ball moving and improve the tempo. He didnt.

Was caught in no mans land barely moving to get into final third or go looking for ball from midfield. Did nothing.

Raki13

His zero workrate and walking around is fine when he scores 2/3 goals , but the goals are drying up and his attitude shouldnt be tolerated. Its ridiculous that hes the captain too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Aguero was shit and got taken off.

Higuain and Dybala showed better movement and got ball in better areas.#

Not rocket science.

Formation was completely different by that point, and Messi got a lot more involved once those changes were made as well.

Mostly because, as always, he dropped to the halfway line and tried to create everything from scratch.

SeloBarca

Yes Messi was crap, problem is noone will say the other players were even more crap.
Havent seen so many misstakes, wrong passes and loosing the ball from one team.

Its weird, his family seems important to him, some of them should have told him to shape up, to move more without the ball.
He doesnt have to run all the time, but he needs to open up space for himself, showing he wants the ball.
Nothing is easier to defend against than a player standing on his heels all the time.

Last edited:

D10S91

Ronaldo has completely smashed the whole debate between him and Messi. Now leading 6-5 in ballon dors, done it on international stage.

Yeah never would have thought that after 2015.. To try and look at it positively, with the narrative shifting towards Ronaldo, Messi has it all to prove now if he's going to be seen as the best of this generation, maybe(hopefully) that will light a fire in him.

MTL_Barca

Clearly it's over for Messi on international level... forever. He won't be G.O.A.T. in the eyes of his deniers. Nigeria is nowhere near the quality of beating Iceland. Even if Iceland fail, Croatia would still field some mix of their worst XI next game against Iceland, just not let Messi qualify to the next round.

Yeah its over, should just quit now and be done with that shit. Should've just picked Spain lol.

Pedro

La Masia
Listen you 10 year old mentally internet dipshit troll.

I wasn't defending him, but I was calling out your retardation which have been display on here for a while, but since there's no moderation around you've been allowed to stay around like a cockroach jumping out of your hole like this from time to time.

I have no time for this just like no mod have any time for moderating this forum.

Stop talking about me and talk about Messi's perfomance, cat got your tongue? Anyone who says anything bad about him is a troll for you. When he plays well I give him his credit, but today he was awful

Last edited:

likeafire

Been a huge Messi fan, but I'm starting to question if he is better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo seems to be on a whole different level and at the age he is as well. I'm saying Ronaldo > Messi in the goat status, first time in my life I am saying this.

Home of Barca Fans