10 - Lionel Messi - v5

dakt

This thread:

toxic_hazard_diamond_warning_sign_sticker-500x650.jpg

RevoTeller

First of all: Argentina as a team is UTTER SHIT, SEGUNDA B LEVEL, NO JOKING. AWFUL TEAM, AWFUL MANAGER.

BUT

BUT

Lionel Messi FAILED MISERABLY. Sop, no excuses.
Today he definitely ruined his image by walking for 90 minutes in the most important game of his international career.
He showed NOTHING.

likeafire

Listening to TALKSPORT which is an English sports radio station and people are calling up calling Messi a fraud LOL

The opinion is changing of Messi. You are blind if you don't believe this.

Legacy taken a massive hit

DennyCrane

I find it baffling that managers don't address this problem properly. Samapoli let Messi walk, Valverde let Messi walk and so did Enrique, Vilanova and Tata. Do they think it's normal a players covers only 7.5km per match?

It's kinda difficult to adress that problem when said player is picking the line-up. :troll:

JamDav1982

Now now guys, you haven't been listening.

If Messi had shuffled around sideways a bit more while being covered by 4 players they would've won this game :coffee:

Aye should just walk about in area of pitch doing fuck all and causing next to no danger to Croatia.

Now now guys.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Listening to TALKSPORT which is an English sports radio station and people are calling up calling Messi a fraud LOL

The opinion is changing of Messi. You are blind if you don't believe this.

Legacy taken a massive hit

Suck a dick will ya. Stfu while you're at it.

Mitchell1978

I find it baffling that managers don't address this problem properly. Samapoli let Messi walk, Valverde let Messi walk and so did Enrique, Vilanova and Tata. Do they think it's normal a players covers only 7.5km per match?

Messi has been running around 8 km since 2010, since Pep put him at false 9.
All the talk about him suddenly running less is just bullshit.

Richard.H

A lot of people (keyboard warriors) underestimate just how hard mentally it is to sustain motivation. It's clear Messi is lacking it. This is what makes CR's form so impressive. He is 33 and still highly motivated with his extreme diet and workout regime.

Messi has won a ton of titles and multiple balon d'ors. Give that much glory to anyone and let me see if they'll still keep their motivation

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Walking per se is not a problem. A lot of players walk. The problem is when the ball is just several feet away from you and you just stand there and ball-watch. Or when your teammates have the ball you walk slowly instead of trying to dash into a position to receive the ball.

dakt

On Croatian TV, ex Barca player and co-host Robert Prosinecki says:

"We wan't talk about Messi, he's by far the best player in the world, wasn't his night though, but nevertheless, the best player in the world."

Stoichkov1

Messi is bigger than the manager. none of them have the balls to do it thats why i wanted someone like Sarri at Barca.

I don't think Sarri would be the perfect choice for that.

Someone like Pochettino or Conte or Simeone would never accept a player like that in their teams for example.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Now people are saying Messi should have dropped down deep and created something from there. Last match they wanted him to stay more advanced forward and play like a goalscorer.

Guess everything is his fault. He has some fault which is his shit effort, which is a very fair point and alarming for Barca too, he cannot do that more, someone got to call him out on that, but I don't believe Valverde got the balls for it.

Home of Barca Fans