10 - Lionel Messi - v5

sundar

This sub is really good compared to r/Barca and blaugranes. You can't comment anything negative about Messi there. If you done, you will be called a troll or Ronaldo fanboy and gets blocked. It's sad they call themselves as Barca fans.

I appreciate mods despite many harsh comments they allow discussion. It's good.

Stoichkov1

The only better areas where he could regularly receive the ball was basically in the zones of a DM as with the game against Iceland. Receiving the ball on the run trying to find space in pockets is just not realistic with this team. They can't execute those passes.

Well they surely can't if Messi doesn't move to make himself available.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
A GOAT player and A CAPTAIN should need zero support to run more than 7.5km in a crucial fixture. You gotta stop whitewashing him. It doesn't do your arguments any favours.

He runs that much in a lot of his best performances too. It doesn't make a difference. I'm not saying he played to the best of his ability or even close, but even if he had how would that make him more available for passes that the midfield is incapable of playing?

What are your thoughts on his game vs Iceland then? I think he did the most he could by being the entire midfield and sole source of forward progression, just failed at the penalty and couldn't get a good strike for any of his longshots at the edge of the box (some of which were very close). Today the idea was to place him more forward so he could attack the defense, and that thoroughly failed because he couldn't even get the ball. My point is that there truly is no approach with these lineups besides Messi dropping as far back as possible and starting every move.

The only hope would've been players like Lo Celso, Pastore, Banega, etc. who can actually create things. Too little, too late now tho. I don't think Nigeria can break down Iceland's defense so Argentina are all but out now. It'd take some very big surprises for them to qualify.

M

MessiCam

Argentina has far better players, with the right manager and tactics they would be better than Portugal

Like who? Mercado, Tagliafico, Acuna, Pérez, Salvio, Biglia, Ansaldi, Fazio, Pavon?

If you tell someone they okay for Argentina they’d probably laugh at you... And 5 of them started today.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well they surely can't if Messi doesn't move to make himself available.

Aguero did make himself available in that way many times, they couldn't do it and he got 7 touches. Messi was open in those zones a number of times, they couldn't circumvent the pressure of the man on them to make the pass forward.

Judoman

Come back when Messi or Barca wins CL or World Cup or something else big. Messis teams are flawed. His teams are not performing vs good teams. You say it's all luck? I say bullshit. Look how Barcas players are performing in WC ! Almost all of them are shit.

I see that it s not just the memory letting you down. It also the general comprehension and basic logic, so i won t hold your BS against you.
I don t belive in luck, but you should educate yourself, before you participate in any debate.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
By the way, can’t take seriously posters who have “Messi” in their username. Obviously they will defend him to death. This does not apply to all of course, but still.

JamDav1982

Aguero did make himself available in that way many times, they couldn't do it and he got 7 touches. Messi was open in those zones a number of times, they couldn't circumvent the pressure of the man on them to make the pass forward.

Aguero was taken off as he was ineffective and he was on front of Messi anyway so if breaking down prior to him it all fits in with same point.

Can scorn on Higuain but he and Dybala in my opinion added legs and movement no one else did in final third.

malvolio

Like who? Mercado, Tagliafico, Acuna, Pérez, Salvio, Biglia, Ansaldi, Fazio, Pavon?

If you tell someone they okay for Argentina they’d probably laugh at you... And 5 of them started today.

this mediocre team is here because of messi. maybe it would have been better they didn't qualify and this whole charade wouldn't have happened.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Read the posts, banned two people for going overboard. Overall people have took it better than I thought. This is basically Messi's exit from international stage :(

My 2 cents: Argentina is in chaos and Messi had a bad match. But you have to give credit to Croatia here too. They showed up motivated and played smart and they always had quality.

Lastly, don't think Nigeria can beat Iceland.

FinBarcelonafan

I see that it s not just the memory letting you down. It also the general comprehension and basic logic, so i won t hold your BS against you.
I don t belive in luck, but you should educate yourself, before you participate in any debate.

Keep living in your delusion.

Joan

Not much left to be said... he didn't show up.

Hope this doesn't ruin his motivation when he comes back. Devastated Messi will be impossible to cope with, not just for footballing reasons.

Judoman

Read the posts, banned two people for going overboard. Overall people have took it better than I thought. This is basically Messi's exit from international stage :(

My 2 cents: Argentina is in chaos and Messi had a bad match. But you have to give credit to Croatia here too. They showed up motivated and played smart and they always had quality.

How are you not drunk now dude?

Home of Barca Fans