10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Greatest of all time but Ronaldo would never allow a shiity old pathetic player like Mascherano to be in his team in the World Cup....

Messi deserves all the criticism he will get because he can decide who to be in or not ... Mascherano killed their midfield and not to mention how a player like enzo perez 🤮🤮🤮

Raketa10

Provided 2 assists.

I mean, you can't really ask for more considering how much superior France are in terms of quality.

I hope to see him in 2022, but Argentina need to weed out a lot of trash both on the pitch and in the office.

Argentina can still win 2019 Copa America but with another manager and couple of new players.

Saladin

Wasn’t even crying at the end this time. Knew they didn’t deserve shit nor was good enough to win it. Come home to Barcelona, Leo. Fuck Argentina and the burden you had to carry for so long. Enough suffering.

Agree 100 %. Ronaldo is being compared with Messi. Leo is being compared with Maradona and Pelé. People need to calm the fuck down, it is a team sport no individual player can win a World Cup surrounded by shit players in a terrible setup, with a crappy coach.

Oldest team at this World Cup, worst defensive backline, changing formations from game to game, first keeper is out, second keeper is shit, third keeper playing today.

No Lo Celso, no Dybala, no Icardi. No balance. Mascherano is giving his all on the field, but he is over the hill and plays in China for the love of it.

Corrupt FA etc.

France was clearly the better team today and could go all the way. Hopefully we will see a rested Messi leaving the NT and focusing solely on the Champions League and La Liga next season.

Hope Coutinho and Brazil takes it now, even though it would mean Neymar will probably win the B'Dor.

Mitchell1978

He was not poor he was playing out of his position. I hope some of you here will now realize that he is not false 9 anymore an for sure not CF like some people here think. He must have ball in his feet as much as possible. He needs a true no.9 infront of him. And if some of you don’t see this than you are blind.

False 9 workes when you have a dominating midfield like barca had in the Pep-Tito days, certainly not whit this talentless Argentina squad.
Aguero in the center with Messi behind or on the right would have been the best option, still i don't think they would have beaten France.

TitoTata

Banned
I'd play him in centre-mid ( the Xavi role ) but he'd need Chelsea's Kante by his side to do all the work ...

Kante was good today but my mate Pogba outstanding..

Devils

That first assist is as lucky as Ronaldos 2nd goal v Spain.

Yeah I know it was pure luck.

Not trying to make excuses for him, but Pogba, Matuidi and Kante were excellent today and kept him otherwise quiet. Too much quality on France and not near enough for Argentina.

blaugrana1987

He played ok. Argentina played relatively naively. Absolutely no order in their play, no midfield and no defense. No one can win with this side, cmon lets be real. Watch Uruguay/Portugal play 0-0 till 120 minutes with France

TitoTata

Banned
Agree 100 %. Ronaldo is being compared with Messi. Leo is being compared with Maradona and Pelé. People need to calm the fuck down, it is a team sport no individual player can win a World Cup surrounded by shit players in a terrible setup, with a crappy coach.

Oldest team at this World Cup, worst defensive backline, changing formations from game to game, first keeper is out, second keeper is shit, third keeper playing today.

No Lo Celso, no Dybala, no Icardi. No balance. Mascherano is giving his all on the field, but he is over the hill and plays in China for the love of it.

Corrupt FA etc.

France was clearly the better team today and could go all the way. Hopefully we will see a rested Messi leaving the NT and focusing solely on the Champions League and La Liga next season.

Hope Coutinho and Brazil takes it now, even though it would mean Neymar will probably win the B'Dor.

I'd rather bladdy Pepe won the world player if it stops FakeRonaldo winning again

JamDav1982

He played ok. Argentina played relatively naively. Absolutely no order in their play, no midfield and no defense. No one can win with this side, cmon lets be real. Watch Uruguay/Portugal play 0-0 till 120 minutes with France

The way he played it almost had to be a world class moment like that pass to have any real influence.

He played in these four games too much in no mans land where was not a threat to defence where he got on ball nor did he drop back to help tempo and dictate game etc.

For Barca he needs to go RW and wait for ball. Even if on it less.

Stoichkov1

No idea why Sampaoli the retard decided to play him like a false 9 when he didn't even get into the opponent's penalty area. He played like he always plays, like a number 10 behind a striker.

Mitchell1978

If people are going to bash him here or in Argentina based on this game or on this tournament they can fuck right off and would be better to close this thread for now.

He did what he could imo, even Messi needs a semi-competent team and manager behind him and he had neither at this world cup.

-SG7-

Looking forward to December when Messi scores 2-3 goals against Las Palmas and everyone starts saying that Messi deserves the Ballon D'or, Ronaldo only wins because of PR/Marketing etc.

The GOAT debate will be officially settled today after Ronaldo leads Portugal past Uruguay

Fans like u are seriously pathetic. Seriosuly gtfo and go support another team. Scores against las palmas??? What about all the other big teams hes single handeldy won against.

He did what he could. Matter of the fact is if argentina score 2 france will score 3
..thats how bad thier defence is. But yes blame it on messi. Pathetic.

Home of Barca Fans