10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Raketa10

I really don't see any need for drama. If the name of this team was Mexico not Argentina with this players qualifying for the next round would be a succes. Let’s be realistic for a second, this is a success for this Argentina team. For anything more than this they would need a HUGE amount of luck.

Look at their defense! They conceded 9 goals in 4 games FFS!

JamDav1982

Fans like u are seriously pathetic. Seriosuly gtfo and go support another team. Scores against las palmas??? What about all the other big teams hes single handeldy won against.

He did what he could. Matter of the fact is if argentina score 2 france will score 3
..thats how bad thier defence is. But yes blame it on messi. Pathetic.

These games show that no one wins 'single handedly'.

Messi at Barca is backed by a great set of players and he is best of lot that can influence most games.

Posts like Messi being a one man team are more pathetic than anything else.

likeafire

If Ronaldo gets through and does it against France what Messi couldn't do, and I can totally see that happening. He tries a lot harder than Messi does

Barcilliant

If people are going to bash him here or in Argentina based on this game or on this tournament they can fuck right off and would be better to close this thread for now.

He did what he could imo, even Messi needs a semi-competent team and manager behind him and he had neither at this world cup.

He also needs to show more effort and leadership in big games which he doesn't nowadays.

Barca fans need to be more critical of Messi.

Ripsta

Hard to feel sorry for him, the one time he looked 'in the mood' he scored Vs Nigeria.

I still think he'll be playing in 2022 and he'll likely be hitting another 40+ goals next season, but his legacy has taken a massive battering over the last 18 months, and this one was likely the final nail in the coffin in this never ending monotonous debate with Cristiano.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Burden he has no patience or fight to shape despite being handed AND ACCEPTING keys to the kingdom, and building the squad to his liking. Toxic environment? Sure. Argies always were. But if you don't want to be the captain and a leader then don't accept these responsibilities.

And also, he is screwing Barca the same way long-term. Barto operates on the similar wavelengths as AFA.
What a load of rubbish. Hasn’t been handed shit but the burden to carry average players to a final they were never going to reach. Still all the people of Argentina somehow expected them to get there and that is pressure you don’t know shit about. This was a death sentence from the start and it was always going to end this way just looking at their qualifiers.

Also, don’t talk about Messi at Barca when it’s clear you don’t have a clue. He was the only reason a lot of people could even be bothered to watch us last season with the shit football we played. Barto screwed Leo over big time by crapping his pants when he was supposed to rebuild this team, not the other way around.

xxxxxx

If Ronaldo gets through and does it against France what Messi couldn't do, and I can totally see that happening. He tries a lot harder than Messi does

I cannot see that happening. He and Portugal will struggle tonight, because Uruguay will sit deep against Portugal.

Mitchell1978

I'd play him in centre-mid ( the Xavi role ) but he'd need Chelsea's Kante by his side to do all the work ...

Kante was good today but my mate Pogba outstanding..

second striker or behind a 9 is where he sould play and where i believe he will play again next season, at this point of his career its where you're going to get the most

about the first goal, lucky off course but he deserves credit for making something out of barely anything

blaugrana1987

Portugal literally went through against France in Paris without Ronaldo on pitch. You are turning blind eye on completely disfunctional MF and defense that Argentina can field. Portugal plays with head and tail, they know how to defend hard and look for goal on break, but Argentina was swarmed by France because their MF was old and slow, and their defense black hole.

JamDav1982

Messi is not to blame for Argentina and no player ever would take this side even close to glory.

But can still see Messi was poor, barely moved in offence and did next to nothing defensively.

Leaves him needing unreal dribbles, passes, shots etc to be any influence.

xxxxxx

Portugal literally went through against France in Paris without Ronaldo on pitch. You are turning blind eye on completely disfunctional MF and defense that Argentina can field. Portugal plays with head and tail, they know how to defend hard and look for goal on break, but Argentina was swarmed by France because their MF was old and slow, and their defense black hole.

That's what people fail to realise. Ronaldo hasn't carried this Portugal side out of the group. He's had help and support. At least Portugal has a decent midfield and defense.

Raketa10

You mean Portugal not Ronaldo? Dude 11 players are playing not 1! Have you ever watched a football match?

Barcilliant

Can we please stop and acknowledge what a beast Kanté is?! Break the bank for this guy.

Exactly. But our idiot fans will say he is just a work horse and say Busquets is better.

Kante is a beast and his ability to cover so much ground and disrupt play is a huge asset in world football today. But people will insist Busquets is better for our style 😂 😃 😃 😃

JamDav1982

What a load of rubbish. Hasn’t been handed shit but the burden to carry average players to a final they were never going to reach. Still all the people of Argentina somehow expected them to get there and that is pressure you don’t know shit about. This was a death sentence from the start and it was always going to end this way just looking at their qualifiers.

Also, don’t talk about Messi at Barca when it’s clear you don’t have a clue. He was the only reason a lot of people could even be bothered to watch us last season with the shit football we played. Barto screwed Leo over big time by crapping his pants when he was supposed to rebuild this team, not the other way around.

So the claim is Messi carries a shit Barca side to glory in league etc but cant perform with Argentina due to shit players and tactics?

Constant changing of goals posts.

Home of Barca Fans